Toddlers: 24 Months+

Can I see your toy storage?

Anything/everything.  We are totally overloaded with toys of all different shapes/sizes/functions between Christmas and LO's birthday and I need ideas!

Thank you in advance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I see your toy storage?

• If you have space under the bed, get some of those big flat clear lidded containers, works great. You can even put labels on the front with a label maker if you want. Generally deep enough for stuffed animals and bigger toys. Also, get the shoebox sized ones for small parts.

IKEA ha some great sturdy shelf units and baskets that fit them. Do something like that for toys that dont stay in the room. We have a couple toy baskets on the shelves in our living room from Ikea.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • We have one of these in the living room:

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Nottingham-Brown-Bonded-Leather-Folding-Storage-Ottoman/4783826/product.html

And one of these turned on it's side so the kids can reach all the bins/baskets:

https://www.target.com/p/ClosetMaid-Cubeicals-8-Cube-Organizer-Espresso/-/A-12193726

and a giant basket with a lid in our basement filled with toys.

Also, the Madison bookshelf from Pottery Barn Kids is the best book organizer ever! DS has it in his room and it fits TONS of books and he can put them away himself and see exactly which ones he wants:

And each of our DS's has a regular wood toybox in his room.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat.  We bought a toy box online, and it's so small.  We need a better system!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    MC #1- Jamie George 6/7/08, MC #2- Christian Aaron 1/15/09

BFP! 3/25/09 BETA 1 (4/7/09) -# 9659 BETA 2 (4/10/09) - # 19171 Born 12/6/09 - Our precious girl.

MC #3- Ashley Grace 2/15/11, MC #4- Amelia Noel 12/30/11
    MC #5- Antonio 9/8/12

BFP! 10/6/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just started working on a new way to store all of my son's hot wheels! I bought two 18" magnetic bars (from Lowe's... made to hold tools) for  $7 each. Then I purchased some magnets from Hobby Lobby and hot glued them to the bottom of his cars. It works perfectly, and he plays with them more now that he sees them! :) 

I took this picture after I had only finished a few of the cars! :) 

imagehttps://i42.tinypic.com/jsd6c4.jpg" border="0" />

• We have two closet maids from Target. We have the 9 cube and the 8 cube with the fabric bins. We have some with the bins and some open. It works great. We got it last Xmas and has been great. I was thinking of getting a 2 cube one since we have the space and need more storage.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use the Closet Maid systems too with fabric bins,  we have 2 of the nine cube ones set up in a corner. They are great and very inexpensive. They constantly go on sale at Target for $40 each for the units and around $5 for the bins.  Tons of colors, easy to assemble, cheap enough to toss or repurpose to garage or basement if they get destroyed.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• You might scroll back over the last page or 2 of posts...there was a page asking about this same thing where some posters added PIP's of their storage.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemavs_girl07:

You might scroll back over the last page or 2 of posts...there was a page asking about this same thing where some posters added PIP's of their storage.

Will do this, thank you - sometimes the pictures really help.

I am getting some great ideas from the posts anyway!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have this huge bookshelf from IKEA (Expedit, I think it's called) that has 16 different cubes that fit baskets- we have 10 baskets for loose stuff, then 6 open spots for other things. It works pretty well to contain the clutter- I need to get pictures on the outsides of the baskets so the kids know what goes in what, and that will hopefully make it easier for them to clean up after themselves w/out so much assistance. We also have a small bookshelf next to their play kitchen, and the play kitchen has a ton of storage space, so while the bulk of their toys are in our living room, they're contained to two corners and can be hidden away for the most part.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"