February 2012 Moms

NBR- Do I need to serve anything else with this?

We're having 2 or 3 (DH hasn't told me yet!) couples over for dinner tonight. I'm making homemade lasagna (It was awesome last time! I hope it turns out just as good!).

I'm going to have garlic bread and a salad. Should I have another side dish? My sister says I don't need one, but I'm not sure!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR- Do I need to serve anything else with this?

• I don't think you have to, but when I make it sometimes I add a vegetable like steamed broccoli or green beans.
  • I would say you're good, but if your guests want a dessert I would ask them to bring it.  Your plan sounds great to me! Have a great get together! :)
    Matthew & Lillian 1/23/2012 It's TWINS!!!!! 1rst IVF May 2011 ER 5/30/11 ET 6/2/11 2 transfered #1 6/10/11 211 #2 6/13/11 880!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think you need anything else to go with dinner. Sounds yummy!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I say not unless you want to.  The lasagna, bread, and salad will be plenty!  If you want to make dessert, do something easy like a couple of flavors of ice cream and sundae toppings.  People love to make ice cream sundaes, no matter their age!  

Have a lovely and happy new year!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Sounds like a great dinner as-is. I don't think there's any need for another side.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Nope, I think you have the perfect meal!  I think pasta based meals are the exception to needing to have more side dishes.  Because everything (meat if you're having it, veggies, cheese, starch, etc.) is all mixed up in one!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I don't think you need anything else, simply b/c pasta dishes w/bread and side salads tend to be VERY FILLING, lol! But you can always have a small dessert if anyone still has room to eat itBig Smile!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Just found out one couple is bringing bread and a side dish and the other couple is bringing dessert!

I'm excited! Now I just need the energy to clean my house, shower and get ready and actually make the lasagnaStick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"