Trouble TTC

It's been a while...

Since I have been on the bump, but I used to post on trying to get pregnant. MH and I have been trying to conceive for 15 months with no luck. All my Dr. has done is run blood work on me, which all came back normal. MH has had a semen analysis which came back with low sperm count and low mortality (I don't have specifics on hand) and will be seeing a urologist in January. Besides what we have done so far, what else should we be doing? I have an amazing Dr but I feel clueless in what I need to do. With AF just round the corner, I want to get a new year's plan. Thanks, ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's been a while...

• Welcome to TTTC.  As far as what other tests to run, I would say an HSG is pretty run of the mill.   Most people have that done before starting treatment because that may determine what type of treatment will work for you.  Also if you are seeing an OB you should think about transitioning to an RE.  There are lots of great websites and blogs explaining treatment etc.  In fact, some of the girls on here have great blogs with what happens next.  Perhaps someone else will chime in and suggest whose to visit.  I can't quite remember right now.  Good luck & Happy New Year!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • Welcome to the board!  I am so sorry for your struggles so far.  It is so good that you are having your husband see a urologist right away.  They might be able to do something to help his s/a.  What you should do is switch to a RE.  I know how much you love your Dr.  I love my OB but she didn't know how to treat infertility properly.  A RE will be able to run a lot more tests than an OB and set up a specific plan for you.  An OB will only be able to run b/w and put you on clomid, which they probably won't monitor you on.  I would talk to your Dr about a recommendation to see a RE.  They might have one in mind for you.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been researching REs and there is only one in the area, but it is in a different state. I guess I should contact my insurance company to see if anything is covered at all. My nurse at my ob said to expect to pay at least $30,000 and that really scares me. My "teacher's salary" doesn't stretch that much!!
  • imageAshleyB609:
    I have been researching REs and there is only one in the area, but it is in a different state. I guess I should contact my insurance company to see if anything is covered at all. My nurse at my ob said to expect to pay at least $30,000 and that really scares me. My "teacher's salary" doesn't stretch that much!!

For what?  I've done 7 medicated cycles and am about to do IVF and will still be under $30K so I'm not sure where she got that amount.  That is exactly why you need to be with a RE.  I'm also 100% OOP.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"