1st Trimester

Feta

I know I'm probably going to get flogged for this, but I am dying, DYING for a greek salad from the sub/pizza place down the street. Feta cheese that these places use is pasteurized right? My prenatal nurse said you have to look REALLY hard to find cheeses that aren't these days.

DH won't let me get one though. Boo!! He says I shouldn't. But I am craving a greek salad so bad. This is like one of the first relatively "healthy" cravings I've had these past few weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers

Re: Feta

• Eat it.  Most feta is pasteurized. 
                  image     image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, I figured most feta is pasteurized. Like I said, the nurse said most cheeses sold and used commercially are. I considered going to the store to get some feta to add on my own instead too.

Now I just need to convince DH it's ok. While he is sweet and concerned, sometimes he is a little too overprotective. lol I love him though.

• Loading the player...
  • The only feta that is not pasteurized is the really expensive imported from Greece feta that I am sure the pizza place down the street does not splurge on.  Your salad would cost $19.99 if they used the good stuff.  Enjoy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You literally have to go on a mission to find unpasteurized cheese- and a restaurant would never risk serving someing that might make someone sick.

They only tell us avoid all " soft cheese" because they think we are too dumb to figure out what pasteurized cheese means. 

Enjoy your Greek salad!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrs+harlow:

You literally have to go on a mission to find unpasteurized cheese- and a restaurant would never risk serving someing that might make someone sick.

They only tell us avoid all " soft cheese" because they think we are too dumb to figure out what pasteurized cheese means. 

Enjoy your Greek salad!

Hahaha, good point, thanks! :)

• imagemrs+harlow:

You literally have to go on a mission to find unpasteurized cheese- and a restaurant would never risk serving someing that might make someone sick.

Enjoy your Greek salad!

I agree, eat it & enjoy.  I still eat brie, feta, etc.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I craved feta w/ DD. I'd order from the family restaurant at the end of the street and just get a side of feta. OH and those greek salads....yum!

I'm thinking it's probably fine. Enjoy your salad.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Feta is on the "no-no" list.. I had a greek salad with no feta extra olives.. and I was still happy ( i know feta is amazing)
  • Oh, sweet... so ANY soft cheese is fine as long as it's pasteurized? Yay!

I only wish I had enough money to buy the imported stuff, so I'd be good anyway. lol.  

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • The restaurant should be able to pull out their packaging and tell you whether it's pasteurized, which I'm sure it is. Enjoy!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"