December 2010 Moms

Crib Transition

I was reading another post on 12-24 board and was just curious when you guys were planning on switching LO to a toddler bed.

DS has a convertible crib that will transition to a toddler bed and then a twin size bed so whenever we do the transition there will be no going back lol 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.

Re: Crib Transition

• We have a convertible crib too, but we are planning on having another in the next year or two, so I think we will just buy a twin bed when it's time to switch (so we can use the crib for baby #2).  I haven't really thought about when we will make the transition, but probably not until a) DS is climbing out of the crib or b) we have #2 and need the crib.  I am planning on just putting DS in a twin bed with safety rails.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are planning on TTC next August... I figured we'd just buy new furniture but I saw a cute little car bed that I would have bought DS if it wasn't for the convertible crib... Do you think it's best just to buy him a new bed and leave the crib for LO#2?

• Loading the player...
  • That's what we are doing.  And actually... our original plan was to TTC in August!  Now we are tossing the idea around that we will TTC this January or February instead, but I want a summer baby, lol. 
  • I want a summer baby too! We have Christmas the 25, DS birthday the 29, our anniversary tomorrow, and my birthday on the 15... Way too much going on! lol 

Wouldn't it be so cool if we both got pregnant in August and shared May 2013's month club too! lol 

• I don't know if we'll buy a toddler bed or just a twin bed, but we're planning on keeping the crib a crib for #2 even though it's a convertible. So more than likely we'll just go with the twin. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are TTC now and want to use the crib for #2. We will transition to a twin with safety rails maybe around 18 months or at least a month before #2 is born so that the new routine is established.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i am just pregnant w/ number 2 and thinking we will make a fun big girl room for reese next summer to get all the transitioning out of the way before number 2 is here in September! So she will be about 18months and into a twin bed! :)  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Probably when he's 18-20 months we'll move Isaac into his toddler bed - it's a fire truck bed.  It's really cute.  He's our last so if he doesn't seem ready I am not in any rush with it this time around.

• With DS1, we had to switch at 14 months when he started climbing out. We are hoping that DS2 won't try climbing out for a while so that we can leave him in the crib longer. He's much smaller than DS1 was and I'm not comfortable with the thought of him being able to get out of the toddler bed. The baby will sleep in our room until around 6 months as both boys did so hopefully we will transition DS2 around his second birthday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"