Adoption

If you have BBC America

I caught a 2-part documentary about an English journalist adopting a baby in Pakistan. Amazing, powerful stuff, despite the negative adoption language. And I can totally relate to falling in love with "your" baby as soon as you lay eyes on them.

If you're interested, it's called Adopting Abroad: Saira's Story

Re: If you have BBC America

• Thanks so much for the alert! I have BBCA, but it doesn't look like it's coming on again soon. I'm pretty sure I can catch it online somewhere. I actually had heard of this doc from a yahoo group I'm on, but for some reason didn't think about trying to find a way to watch it. My dh is originally from Pakistan, and I looked very closely into adopting from there. Unfortunately, there were a couple of obstacles, including (as US citizens) having to spend 3 months in Pakistan (there are other ways around this, like having a relative watch the baby while some of the paperwork is done), which my dh would not even consider. Earlier this year he needed to go and we used Dubai as our home base & he was in and out in less than 24 hours & said it was the most difficult 24 hours of his life.  Anyway, I know seeing this documentary is going to pull at my heartstrings all over again!!

In the same vein, I just read an article from a Pakistan paper about a couple adopting a baby from there, and oh, it was just so sweet: 

https://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/9586/adoption-patience-is-truly-a-virtue/

PS. Dr. L, today is the last day of the year, and thus the last day of my Juniper Moon Farm calendar. Thank you for the secret santa gift last year which brought me a lot of smiles the whole year :)

• imageDragonfly_Bride:

Anyway, I know seeing this documentary is going to pull at my heartstrings all over again!!

I was a bawling mess

PS. Dr. L, today is the last day of the year, and thus the last day of my Juniper Moon Farm calendar. Thank you for the secret santa gift last year which brought me a lot of smiles the whole year :)

You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"