Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Anyone else having feeding issues?

DS is 5.5 months, we started rice cereal about a month ago and oatmeal about 3 weeks ago.  About 10 days ago, he stopped letting DH feed him anything.  Now he's being really difficult for me to feed and barely finishing his bottles.  We used to do 5oz bottles every 3 hours, sometimes every 2-2.5 hours with one 2oz bowl of cereal in the AM and one 2oz bowl of oatmeal in the PM.  Then he does a "forever feed" right before bed with about 8-10 oz (which he has done since birth).  Right now he finishes maybe 3 bottles a day, doesn't finish his solids and the rest of his bottles are a battle to get 3 oz into him.  And his darn forever feed is now 4-6oz so he's up more often at night to eat. His daytime naps have been a disaster too....what am I missing? I don't think it's teeth but he does seem content to just have his pacifier instead of a bottle and he doesn't seem sick.  I don't think it's that we started solids because this boycott started weeks afterwards.  Any help/experience would be amazing!!!

Thanks for readingSmile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else having feeding issues?

• Options
    I don't have any advice for you, but DS has been doing the same thing for a couple weeks now, started a few weeks after we started solids. Since he's still having wet/dirty diapers and growing, I'm trying not to worry about it too much. 
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not super worried bc he's a total chunk Stick out tongue but formula is too expensive to waster like 8oz a day!  I'll have to try the faster flow too.  Happy New Year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"