3rd Trimester

29 weeks and it hurts "down there"

I'm currently almost 29 weeks with my third and my bottom hurts! From pressure and it is sore from all the moisture. I must have a lot of incontinence. I constantly have "wet panties". I wear a panty liner and sometimes a pad, but like diaper rash, it's just kind raw feeling, tmi sorry. Any suggestions? I know kegels will help but other than that anyone know what I can do for some relief?

Re: 29 weeks and it hurts "down there"

• wanted to say i'm sorry, that sounds very uncomfortable. i think there is a body powder specifically marketed for men who are chaffing due to sweat, that would probably work for you too. i definitely saw the commercial, but idk what it's called. i think its a gold bond brand.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagegr8fulaa:
    i definitely saw the commercial, but idk what it's called. i think its a gold bond brand.

If you get Gold Bond, make sure you don't get the "minty" kind!  That would definitely not be comfortable down there!  You may want to try using personal wipes throughout the day too.

ETA: Maybe line your pads with Tucks wipes, just like you would do post-partum.  The witch hazel could be soothing.

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • Loading the player...
  • Regular old baby powder could help too.  A moisture rash is a moisture rash, no matter how old you are.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • aw that's no fun. Are you sure you don't have hemmerhoids a bit too? Tucks are great, they should help with pain.. but they are moist. maybe use them for a set period of time then dry off and use powder?
  • I had  a horrible cough a few weeks ago and couldn't keep the pee in when I coughed.  I got pretty sore too...I wore pads and washed and dried really well a couple times a day and that helped. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"