October 2011 Moms

XP: LO waking out of habit

My LO is 11.5 weeks old. Starting at about 8 weeks, we were getting about 5-6 hours out of the first stretch of sleep at night. The last week, she has been only sleeping 3 the first stretch and then she is up every 1.5 hours the rest of the night!! She isn't hungry, I think she is just waking out of habit. I can usually give her the pacifier and she goes back to sleep within 10 or 15 minutes. How do I break this? Any ideas?
TTC Since 2/09... BFP 12/26/09 - Missed miscarriage (6 weeks), D&C 1/28/10, BFP 4/23/10 - Miscarriage (18 wks 4 days) due to Turner's Syndrome, Delivered Lyla Ann on 7/29/10, BFP 12/10/10 - Natural miscarriage (5 weeks 6 days) 12/23/10, BFP 2/2/11 - EDD: 10/15/11 - Stick baby stick!!

Re: XP: LO waking out of habit

• Is she crying when she wakes up?  If not, try letting her fall back to sleep on her own-without giving her the pacifier.  My LO woke up at 3:15 to eat and then again at 4 am.  I was not ready to get up, so I let him just lay in the crib and he eventually fell back to sleep on his own.  Maybe if she realizes that you aren't going to run to her every time she wakes up, she'll fall back to sleep on her own. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD haw the same exact thing happen - was sleeping 5-7 hour stretches for weeks, then went back to 3 hours and kept waking after that. Then randomly last night slept 9 1/2 hours! I am sure was just a fluke for her - curious to see what tonight brings. I don't have advice but wanted to let you know you are not alone!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This is us some nights.  If she's not crying, I'm not getting out of bed.  She will usually scoot up in the crib, suck on her fist, and then fall back asleep.  This is why I love my video monitor.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"