Pregnant after a Loss

Okay, I am freaking out - Help please!

Good Morning Everyone!

I started my freak out yesterday after I went to the hospital to get another rhogam shot.  The nurse listened to the heartbeat of the baby, she found it right away and it measured about 150.  Then she used my pants to prop it up and left it for about 3 minutes.  During that time the heart rate went from 120-135 pretty regularily and I would hear it trail off and then it would lose the heartbeat and then it would be back and measuring closer to 130.  So when she pulled the sheet off it averaged right around 122bpm.  I asked her if that seems low and she said yes, but she asked the doctor there and he didn't seem concerned about it and that there wasn't much they could do.  Then they sent me home after my shot.

Then when I got home I called my doctor and she told me she wasn't worried about it because there is plenty of reasons for why the heartbeat moved up and down a lot and that it was within normal range. I have my a/s on Wednesday and she said that she was sure everything would be fine on Wednesday.

Now this morning I have some slight cramps still coupled with m/s. My cramps are pretty low, not in my abs but lower in my pelvic area. I have no bleeding and the cramps are very mild so I am hoping it is just things shifting. 

Can you ladies just reassure me a little?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Okay, I am freaking out - Help please!

• Oh sweets, I really don't think you have a single thing to worry about.  As the baby moves around the doppler can't possibly pick up the heartbeat at a steady rate from one fixed position on your belly. I am sorry that the nurse told you the HB was low, it sounds to me like an bogus average in the first place. 

Try not to stress (I know it is so hard) have a big glass of water and sit with your feet up for awhile to see if the mild cramping goes away. Most likely it is just your belly stretching to accommodate your little mover.  

Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesweepie412:

Oh sweets, I really don't think you have a single thing to worry about.  As the baby moves around the doppler can't possibly pick up the heartbeat at a steady rate from one fixed position on your belly. I am sorry that the nurse told you the HB was low, it sounds to me like an bogus average in the first place. 

Try not to stress (I know it is so hard) have a big glass of water and sit with your feet up for awhile to see if the mild cramping goes away. Most likely it is just your belly stretching to accommodate your little mover.  

Sweepie summed it up for me as well...although I don't have a lot of experience with the doppler (ok, so one time LOL)...I was thinking that maybe your LO was moving about and it wasn't picking up the signal as well...or maybe it settled in and dropped a little...our hb's go up and down all the time as well...but I think maybe SP is right with the doppler maybe not picking it up as well...especially where it sounds like she just sort of balanced it on your pants.... I hope to hear of a fantastic appointment on Wednesday.

Chemical Pregnancy 2001, Married 8/8/09, TTC April 2011, BFP 5/8/11, Missed M/C @ 9wk5d, D&C 6/21/11 BFP 11/13/11 Chase Everett born at 29wks 0 days on 5/7/12 at 2 lbs 14 oz, 14 1/2 inches long.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesweepie412:

Oh sweets, I really don't think you have a single thing to worry about.  As the baby moves around the doppler can't possibly pick up the heartbeat at a steady rate from one fixed position on your belly. I am sorry that the nurse told you the HB was low, it sounds to me like an bogus average in the first place. 

This exactly. Also balancing it on your pants won't give an accurate reading anyway.  Try not to stress too much and get some rest today. 

Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• I can definitely understand being concerned, but it actually all sounds okay to me.  My LOs heart rate fluctuates from 120-ish to 160-ish depending on his movement.  If your Dr isn't concerned, I would try not to be.  I know that's easier said than done.  Could you see if your OB will do an NST or another doppler check to give you some peace of mind?

As far as the cramps go, it sounds like RLP to me.  I would regularly get pain from my pelvic bone all the way up to my hip bone and sometimes it was quite severe.  Try to remember that it's a great sign that LO is growing away.  

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"