Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

LO's bedtime and feeding question...

How do you ladies do bedtime @ 7 if your LO just ate at 6 or 6:30?   I breast feed so sometimes it works out that my LO eats at around 6 or 6:30 but I want to start bedtime at 7 but she just ate.  My LO goes to bed anywhere from 8 or later depending on how hard she is fighting her sleep. 

Just wondering what others do if baby eats that late and bedtime is at 7?  THANKS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO's bedtime and feeding question...

• Options
    We FF and we start our bedtime routine at 8:30ish.  LO will have normally last eaten at 7:30.  We undress LO in the living room floor (where he is playing) and dim the lights and let him start winding down.  Then get bath, lotion and pjs at 8:45.  We give a 2oz bottle just to top him off (no matter when his last feeding was).  He is usually almost asleep when he finishes it. It has been working great for us.  He STTN at 5 weeks with this routine.
    6 months Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same as PP, not sure if you nurse, but I just top him up. He won't eat more than he wants to.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We actually do something very similar to you.  Start bedtime around 7:30 but she usually gets her last bottle around 6:30 or so.  I don't really like to give her a full feeding before bed because she will wake up earlier due to a soaking wet diaper than if we give her a little time to pee it out first.  Shes a heavy wetter though so thats just my experience.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Typically, my LO feeds between 6 and 6:15.  I EBF so I feed him on one side, give him a bath, massage, put on pjs, give him his vitamin, wipe down his gums, read a story then feed him on the other side.  He is usually in bed between 7:15 and 7:30 most nights.  This seems to work for us.  With DD, I didn't produce enough milk to do it this way so I would feed her then offer a bottle of expressed milk after the routine.  That seemed to work well too. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"