Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Is it bad...

To give my LO a bottle? I noticed that he was not eating very well with me? Durin the day he would eat every 2 hours and at might the same. He falls asleep and doesn't go a full 15 min. Sometimes ista just one side. So I started pumping and he is eating 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours. At night it's the same. Si I thought poing may be what we need to do?! He will be at daycare in 4 weeks so he might as well start now right!? Just feeling like I'm doing something wrong?! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it bad...

•  It"s not bad, sounds like you are doing what is necessary. BF isn't for everyone some babies just do better on the bottle. 
  • No way! I BF and LO sometimes gets what I pump in a bottle so I can sleep or run to the store.  My mom also watches LO so DH and I can go on a date.  LO even got some formula on Christmas because there was no place to feed him.  You have to do what's best for u and LO.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Your pump is not as effective as LO is.  Babies are supposed to nurse every few hours.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemabenner1:
    Your pump is not as effective as LO is.  Babies are supposed to nurse every few hours.  

This. I mean there is no problem giving a baby a bottle, but I don't really understand the problem. BF babies can eat every 2 hours for months, it doesn't signify a problem.  Some babies take 5 minutes to get their fill and some take 30minutes plus.

• imagemabenner1:
    Your pump is not as effective as LO is.  Babies are supposed to nurse every few hours.  

I know this and I was worried but he was not eating that much and I was getting engorged!! Thank goodness I'm still getting 4 even 8 oz every time I pump  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"