February 2012 Moms
Options

I really dont think its hit me yet lol Anyone else?

So they always say that women know they are moms when they become pregnant and men know they will be dads when they hold the baby lol but Im not really feeling it. Sure I can feel him moving ALL day, know hes there, huge belly ext, but it really hasnt hit me yet.... I dont know what the deal is, Im super exited and anxious. It kind of bothers me that I havent had the this is real moment yet. Anyone else? When did it hit you?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I really dont think its hit me yet lol Anyone else?

• Options
    I don't know who "they" are, but I definitely did not feel that way when I became pregnant and still don't feel it yet.  I think it will take me holding the baby to make it real and to make me feel like a mom.  So, I'm right there with you, and I think it's completely normal. 
  • Options

I know I will be a mom . . . but it hit me the other day that in 5 weeks I am considered full-term.

So although I have been pregnant for the past 7+ months, DH and I come and go as we please and sleep through the night. I have NO idea what parenthood will be like . . . other than I am very excited to be a mom. I'm just not so sure what it will be like.

I am trying to focus on getting the other parts of my life squared away so once my LO arrives, I can focus on him/her. I don't think you are alone!

Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This whole thing, in no way at all, feels real to me.  I feel crazy when I try and talk to her, and I just can't really wrap my head around the fact that we're having a daughter... and we have to raise her and take care of her and love her.  I definitely don't feel like I  love her yet, which might sound mean - but I just don't feel much of an emotional connection to her yet.  The thought of something going wrong or losing her is devastating and makes me cry, so I guess that's a good sign!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think this is completely normal.  I still tell people how surreal it is to have a baby growing inside you, but not really feeling like you have a kid yet.  It is one of the strangest, most alien-like experiences.  I really think that reality won't hit until he is in my arms (or maybe even a couple weeks later when the fog starts to lift and I realize that this little being isn't going anywhere - he's mine!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options
    I think that is completely normal.  With DS, it didn't really hit me until awhile after he was born.  Sure, it was amazing to hold him and stare at him and snuggle him the day he was born, and I knew I was in love with him, but I think it took a few weeks for me to really say, "Wow! He's MINE!"  And I don't think it really hit me that I was a mom until the first time he was sick and I had to hold him through the night.  Everyone hits that moment at different times.  With this second one now, I have been so focused on my toddler that I feel bad that I sometimes forget I'm pregnant (though that is much harder to do now with my big belly, aching back, exhaustion, and heartburn).  I know that once he or she is born, the bonding can really start.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP... i didn't have that "I'm a Mom!" feeling for maybe a month or so after i had my LO. I remember pushing her in her stroller and walking with my DH and saying, "Isn't this so weird?!" I felt like i was dreaming sort of... Once we started bonding more and i "got to know her", that's when i started to feel close to her and feel more like a Mom..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's very surreal to me. Due to having identical twins I have a c-section scheduled for my 37th week, so these girls will be here in 2.5 weeks! I can't wrap my head around it. I'm excited and anxious to meet them, but also terrified of having two newborns and worried that I don't feel that bond yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It hasn't hit me yet either. I know it's coming... But I don't think it will really sink in until she's here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"