3rd Trimester
Options

Still NOT showing much... :(

I should state that I'm 6ft tall and was somewhat overweight to begin with.  I'm 31 weeks tomorrow and I'm barely showing(slightly depressed over this fact).  My tummy is just slightly bigger.  You can tell if I lay down that I'm pregnant but that's it.  Anyone else at 31 weeks and not showing much?  Just wondering if I'm alone.  :(

Re: Still NOT showing much... :(

• Options

You're not alone. I'm 32 weeks and fit into jeans 1 size larger than prepregnancy and normal tshirts. It sucks. I'm 5'9 with apparently a ridiculously long torso or something. No one believes me when I say I'm pregnant. Jerks.

In fact I just got done having a huge emotional breakdown over this, so reading someone else having this problem as well makes me feel slightly better. Thanks :) 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It's so nice to know I'm not alone!!!  I think I've been very depressed over this.  I know I should be grateful since I don't have some of the uncomfortableness others have, but I was so looking forward to the nice big belly. 

No one believes me either.  In fact, I have had several people hold back laughs and judgmental comments on my mental status. Who knows, maybe we'll luck out at the very end.  :) 

My sister in law is due in 4 weeks and she's had a HUGE belly since 22 weeks.  Her husband looked at me then her and asked her why she couldn't have a belly like mine.  I thought he was going to be dropped kicked out the door. 

Good luck and thanks for replying!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Enjoy it!  I was the same way and then 35 weeks came around and oh how things changed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It is upsetting while pregnant, but there are a few advantages. I gained 33lbs with DS1 and yet was back in my prepreg clothes by at least  2 months. Also less stretch marks and less swelling since the smaller bump. But since I'm carrying DS2 all inside, my poor pelvis feels about ready to break :P 

Just sucks we don't get the unsolicited advice and the cute maternity clothes/pictures. 

Lol @ your poor SIL. That must be cool being due close to each other :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When you're shimming into your pp jeans a week after labour you can think back to this post and count yourself lucky! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 6 feet tall and people are finally noticing.  Pre pregnancy I weighed 165 and have gained 40 pounds all in my belly (my legs, arms face haven't changed at all, no swelling in the ankles or hands).  People are actually shocked when I tell them I'm due Jan 11th because I'm hiding it all my my torso and have the same size belly as some had at 5-6 months.  Taller women just hide it better I think!!
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Not 31 weeks yet but close and I feel you. I am 5.5 and was somewhat overweight to start with. I lost 30 pounds without trying and then just recently gained 2. No one can tell I'm even pregnant, and when I tell them I am and how far they look at me and say are you eating enough? Yes. They make me feel like I am a bad mom and I haven't even had her yet. I was so looking forward to having a baby belly and it just never came! : (

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

Not 31 weeks yet but close and I feel you. I am 5.5 and was somewhat overweight to start with. I lost 30 pounds without trying and then just recently gained 2. No one can tell that I am even pregnant and when I tell them I am and how far along they look at me and say are you eating enough? Yes. My doctor says she is growing right on track and is healthy. They make me feel like I am a bad mom and I haven't even had her yet. I was so looking forward to my baby belly but it just never came. : (

sorry the last post did not work.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"