Parenting

Thank you Auntie!!!

I can say I learned one useful (to me) tidbit of info from you!  LOL. 

I don't even remember WHO you were giving advice to, or what it was about exactly...except that it was about kids swallowing pills.  And you said something along the lines that if its a capsule, it will float so you need to tip your head DOWN instead of UP...if you tip UP it will go towards your lips, and DOWN it will go towards your throat.

ANYWAYS, I was skeptical that it could make THAT much of a difference, but I am one who is choking and puking on pills about 20% of the time because I didn't get enough water, or WHATEVER.  I'm an easy puker anyways, so get something stuck in my throat and forget about it.

I just took a capsule (prescription antacid...freaking Little Ceasars pizza) and tipped forward, and sure enough, it floated to my throat and went down EASY!

So thank you.  You sometimes make me Confused  with your auto-diagnosis when people may not have asked for it......BUT, I do appreciate all you have to say. Big Smile

Re: Thank you Auntie!!!

• Auntie:: Parenting:

Parenting:: BOTB

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had to read this because I have never seen someone thank her. She does give some great advice.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejustEK:
    I had to read this because I have never seen someone thank her. She does give some great advice.

I've thanked her!

(um, after kind of yelling at her to butt out)  But, I did thank her later!

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"