January 2012 Moms
Options

One ambulance ride and emergency room visit later...

So I had my OB doctor appointment today.  Everything was pretty normal.  She gave me some meds for my sinus infection which was awesome.  I went home about noon, took my med and decided to take a nap. 

Warning:  TMI

I woke up about 4:00 and felt like something was off.  I was doing ok for about a half hour, and then it hit me like a brick.  I was violently throwing up for over an hour and including a case of severe diarrhea.  I ended up CRAWLING from my bedroom to the bathroom because I was so dizzy, sweating, and couldn't walk.  I called my husband (thankfully had my cell phone right there).  He was about a half hour away from me.  I made the decision that I could no longer wait for him.  I called the ambulance.  I'm SO thankful I did.  It is freezing rain here so it took my husband forever to get home. 

The ambulance came and took me right to the emergency room here in town.  They gave two bags of fluids and some medicine for the whole weekend to fight off the nausea.   I guess I have a severe case of the stomach flu.  I have never felt so awful in my entire life.  Bed rest for me this weekend.  One nice thing was that we were able to see an ultrasound of the baby....so adorable....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One ambulance ride and emergency room visit later...

• Options
    Hope that you feel better soon,sending thoughts and prayers your way
  • Options
    That's crappy but glad you and baby are okay!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh. I had this about a month ago. I've had the stomach flu two other times in my life and I've always told people that those were the most miserable times of my life, but being pregnant AND having the stomach flu was absolutely the worst experience of my life. All that to say I hope you feel better soon, and I know what you're going through.
  • Options
    Scary! Glad you and baby are okay.
  • Options
    Sorry that you aren't feeling well but glad that you and LO are ok.  Rest up and get better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Completely off subject, but I'm from Madison, WI too! Where are you delivering? I'm glad you're okay...the weather had me worried too with my due date fast approaching! Feel Better Soon! 
  • Options
    Make sure you are staying well hydrated! And rest!
  • Options

imagecallaann27:
    Completely off subject, but I'm from Madison, WI too! Where are you delivering? I'm glad you're okay...the weather had me worried too with my due date fast approaching! Feel Better Soon! 

I'm going to be delivering at St. Mary's in Madison.  Totally in love with that hospital.  :-)  Where are you delivering?  Is this your first?  The roads were horrible here in Edgerton. 

I'm doing ok so far.  On the BRATY diet for the next 24 hours and taking some great nausua pills.  I didn't sleep very much last night...probably about three hours. 

• Options
    imagerachel.wenger:

I'm going to be delivering at St. Mary's in Madison.  Totally in love with that hospital.  :-)  Where are you delivering?  Is this your first?  The roads were horrible here in Edgerton. 

I'm doing ok so far.  On the BRATY diet for the next 24 hours and taking some great nausua pills.  I didn't sleep very much last night...probably about three hours. 

Small world--I'm from Evansville and I'm delivering at Meriter! This is my first and I'm due January 8th! I didn't leave the house yesterday, but almost all the news stations had reported traffic accidents. How are you feeling today, better?! 

• Options
    imagecallaann27:
    imagerachel.wenger:

Small world--I'm from Evansville and I'm delivering at Meriter! This is my first and I'm due January 8th! I didn't leave the house yesterday, but almost all the news stations had reported traffic accidents. How are you feeling today, better?! 

110% better today, even with this crappy BRATY diet that they are making me do for 24 hours.  I'm still in shock about yesterday...never felt like that ever in my life.  I've settled in for watching a day of the Food Network Cupcake Wars.  Lol.  

Meriter is a great hospital!  My friend had her premie there two years ago (six weeks early).  He was in NICU for a couple of weeks but did great.  They were super nice there.  Evansville is super close!  One of my best friends lives there too.  Are you doing any mom's groups in the area or anything?  I was thinking about joining one next summer or something with the baby is a bit older and I have a little more time for it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"