Trouble TTC

2 week wait after 1st Clomid dose

My husband and I have been trying for 2 years with 1 miscarriage last October and then nothing after that. My doctor told me that I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I did some provera after 92 days with no period and then Clomid on my 3rd day. I am not sure if I ovulated. I have been tracking my temp and noticed a slight spike but, I also was doing ovulation test sticks and they never showed that I ovulated. What do you think? Any input would be so very helpful especially from anyone who has experience with anything like this. Thank you
Me(23)DH(30) TTC since Jan 2010 MC Oct 2010 Dec 2010 Cont bleeding Jan 2011 Provera to "reset" PCOS Nov 2011 No AF for 92 days Start Provera Dec 1 AF Dec 15 Start Clomid Dec 17 Start OPK Dec 25 No sign of the O Labs 3 Jan Appt w/ fert doc 11 Jan Happy Baby Dust!!

Re: 2 week wait after 1st Clomid dose

• You should be monitored when on Clomid. It shouldn't be a guessing game.

Good luck. 

Photobucket
  • You only took one pill?  Normally clomid is taken on cycle days 3-7 or 5-9.  Then you should have a mid-cycle ultrasound to confirm a normal lining and scan your ovaries to see how many follicles developed.  Not having this care could lead to HOM (high order multiples) and possible other complications.  There are plenty of people who have taken clomid and were not monitored but I personally would not take the risk.

I hope you will start seeing a Reproductive Endocrinologist and if you are in the care of one already, I think you need a new one.  Also lurk on this board some more and you can learn a lot about different treatments..  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I go on the 3rd for blood work and back to my fertility doctor on the 11th. He told me before I tried this round he didn't expect it to work the first time around. I have been waiting for a very long time to hear good news. I am just getting close to giving up.
    Me(23)DH(30) TTC since Jan 2010 MC Oct 2010 Dec 2010 Cont bleeding Jan 2011 Provera to "reset" PCOS Nov 2011 No AF for 92 days Start Provera Dec 1 AF Dec 15 Start Clomid Dec 17 Start OPK Dec 25 No sign of the O Labs 3 Jan Appt w/ fert doc 11 Jan Happy Baby Dust!!
  • no no you mis understand I did the 5  days of pills.
  • So basically your doctor gave you a "clomid challenge".  This is a test cycle to see how well you respond.  You might need a higher dose but hopefully your future (cd21?) bw will indicate that you ovulated so then you will know it was the right dose.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageamy1004:
    So basically your doctor gave you a "clomid challenge".  This is a test cycle to see how well you respond.  You might need a higher dose but hopefully your future (cd21?) bw will indicate that you ovulated so then you will know it was the right dose.

The bloodwork to test for ovulation is7dpo, not cd21.   Even with a challenge, if they aren't watching how you are responding - what could they possibly be learning?

Search Boards
"
"