3rd Trimester

What is the difference

between loosing your mucous plug and the "bloody show?"  This morning I started having pink tinged mucous when I wipe and I've been having contractions (not consistent) for about a week.  I've been reading that if it's the mucous plug that could mean up to a few weeks, but if it's the "bloody show" that means an hour to a week or so.   Anyone know the difference?   

Side note if this helps:  I am 3 cm dilated and my cervix is thinned 75% as of last Tues. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is the difference

• I sounds to me like you are going to go into labor anytime now. I had what you are describing about 12-24 hrs before I went into labor with DD.
  • They are one and the same. The mucous plug is called bloody show if it is blood-tinged (pink, red, or brown). The bleeding occurs from leaking blood vessels in the cervix as it thins out, so some women may lose it a week (or a few) before, and others have bloody show right before they're ready to deliver. A sure sign of labor is contrax that are regular and don't go away after laying down and drinking fluids. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys!  I hope it means labor will be soon.... but I am still here at home :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"