Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Book recommendations please.

I'm sure there has been a post about this so I apologize. What does everyone enjoy reading to their LO and what does your LO really seem to enjoy? We have Goodnight moon and It's time to sleep my love--we enjoy those two the most so we read them constantly! I'd really appreciate some input... :)

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Book recommendations please.

• My DD loves Lullaby and Goodnight. Also she loves curious george books a lot.
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • DD loves books that rhyme and have funny sounds in them (animal sounds, etc). We love Moo, Ba, La La La by Sandra Boynton. Her stuff is very funny. We also have Perfect Piggies, My Snuggle Puppy, Doggies, and the Going to Bed Book by her. Dr Seuss' Fox in Socks is a fun read and DD loves the tongue twisters. The Hungry Caterpillar is a good classic. So is Peter Rabbit. The touch and feel books are always a hit too. Take your LO to a book store and have fun picking out books. 

I almost forgot. We found a small board book with finger puppets at Barnes and Noble. It's The Little Piggies, but they have others. DD loves to see the fingers moving.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with the PP - anything by Sandra Boynton ranks high in our house. We also like Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See, and a great one for little ones is It Looked Like Spilt Milk - the pictures are really contrasty so they have an easier time seeing it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO loves Heads and Tails (2 different books) by vann fleet. They have furry animals and some moving parts. It keeps him interested and there not as fragile as some pop up books I've seen.
  • The Best Nest... can't remember author right off, but it's so sweet.  Also, the Night-Night book.  That may not be the right name, but it was written up in Paren'ts magazine a couple months ago and it's perfect as part of our bedtime routine.  Amazon prices are great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cloth books: Squishy turtle, & peekaboo forest (love them both!)

Board books: the going to bed book, the very hungry caterpillar, jamberry, hippos go berserk, and a touch and feel one that DH got for DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our favorite book is Hey Wake Up! By Sandra Boynton. We also like Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox and Ten Little Ladybugs. Enjoy!
    Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • My LO loves the Llama Llama series and gets so excited looking at the photos.  He got a stuffed Llama Llama for Christmas and plays with it while we read.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He loves Touch and Feel books - big pictures and he can interact with them by touching the different items. 

• We have a lot of board books--she LOVES turning the "pages"-and because of it, I am worried that she will easily rip the paper pages. (I am a children's librarian--so that fear has some basis)

She does love Winnie the Pooh books (anything with him on it) and my first colors books. We read Harold and the Purple Crayon, Big Red Barn and Goodnight Moon to sleep. Splat the cat is also a favorite do to contrast. She hasn't gotten the concept of touch and feel books yet

My daughter is my hero.
  • Thank you all for the recommendations!  I can't wait to get her some new ones!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"