Parenting

This baby has to be a boy! Name issue already!

My dh is set on the name Azlyn for a girl.  I think it's horrid but he loves it.  His other girl choice is Addison.  I don't hate it but it would not be my top pick.  
1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade 08.29.11

Landon * Kaydance * Kennedy
5/13/05 ******5/24/06

* Baby is due July 24 2012 * Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: This baby has to be a boy! Name issue already!

• Well maybe I'm a *** but I wouldn't care how much he loved a name, if I hated it then the name gets vetoed.  Same thing would happen if the situation was reversed.  You both have to agree on a name. 

I also think that name is bad.  It reminds me  of the name of the Lion from the Chronicles of Narnia. 

• Oh don't worry, this child will not be named Azlyn.  Lol.  
    1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade 08.29.11

Landon * Kaydance * Kennedy
    5/13/05 ******5/24/06

* Baby is due July 24 2012 * Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you should look at L names, girl or boy - then you have two L's & two K's.  :o)
  • How is he pronouncing it? I have a childhood friend named Ayslinn (prounounced Aiz-lin) and so I'm partial to it. But only if it's pronounced AND spelled like that lol. But yeah, the spelling alone is horrendous. GL! We had such trouble naming our girl and have NO idea what we'd do if we have another boy.
    Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image
  • that name is seriously terrible
    Visit The Nest!
  • No. That's like someone misreading Aislin and mispronouncing and misspelling it at the same time.  My very very top name got vetoed by DH and I wanted it so badly but I understood - those were our rules.  It was my grandma's name.
  • imagestw_77:

Well maybe I'm a *** but I wouldn't care how much he loved a name, if I hated it then the name gets vetoed.  Same thing would happen if the situation was reversed.  You both have to agree on a name. 

This is how it works for us too.  The name is just off the table (unless I forget and bring it up again).  I'm convinced this baby will be a girl b/c we can't come up with any names. The boy name is a done deal, so of course it won't be a boy!

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Lol Azlyn is a very uncommon name. As the mommy when you find a name that you absolutely love, it will feel right in your mind, heart, and gut. Sometimes it's worth compromising letting the husband or baby's father pick out the middle name so they can feel like they helped and contributed somewhat to naming the child. 
  • No and no.

I'm hoping that Virgil will start making a comeback.  Why not, right?  Plenty of Wyatts around.

Good luck!

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"