High-Risk Pregnancy

Follow up post from First NST scan and checking cervix.

I went back to the OB this morning. They did a FFN test. So, if it comes back positive she COULD be coming in the next 2 weeks. So, to prepare I will receive two steriod shots. I am really praying that it comes back negative. In addition to that news, I have also been placed on bed rest (in his words, "bed rest, and no walking around. Trying to prevent preterm labor") and pelvic rest. So, that is the news so far. Hopefully we do not hear from the lab tomorrow...hearing from them means positive FFN. 

I'm doing my best to stay positive, although, I don't think it has fully sunk in yet. Once we got home I had 3 contractions in about 25 minutes. Immediately drank water and laid down on my left side. They subsided, thankfully. Just hoping to keep her in there as long as possible. I really don't want a pre-term baby, much less a pre-term GD baby. Hoping to make it at least another 5 weeks and hit the 38 week mark! 

Re: Follow up post from First NST scan and checking cervix.

• Are they giving you the steroids before they get the ffn results?  What was your cervix length?  If it helps, my first FFN test was positive (I was 24w5d), cervix had funnelling and had shortened.  I'm still cooking 14 weeks later...hopefully your test is negative because a negative ffn is alot more accurate.

Good luck with the bed rest - its not easy but you can do it - you'll get lots of support from the ladies here. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelisac1017:

Are they giving you the steroids before they get the ffn results?  What was your cervix length?  If it helps, my first FFN test was positive (I was 24w5d), cervix had funnelling and had shortened.  I'm still cooking 14 weeks later...hopefully your test is negative because a negative ffn is alot more accurate.

Good luck with the bed rest - its not easy but you can do it - you'll get lots of support from the ladies here. 

The OB(not my normal one, mine is off this week for the holidays) said that I would only need the shot if it came back positive. He didn't check the length of my cervix. But, on Wednesday I go to MFM to have a BPP done. So, they may do it then...I'm not really sure. I'm certainly hoping for a negative result! 

I'm thankful that I only really have 5 weeks to go to be considered full-term. I'm 33 weeks now. My OB ideally wants the baby to stay until at least 38 weeks, so that is the number I'm focusing on for now! :-) 

• Loading the player...
  • I had the FFN done at 27 wks it came back positive they gave me two doses of celestone to mature her lungs but I'm now 37 wks 2 days and still no baby 

• imageproudmotherof3nproudwifey:

I had the FFN done at 27 wks it came back positive they gave me two doses of celestone to mature her lungs but I'm now 37 wks 2 days and still no baby 

That is awesome! If it comes back positive I'm definitely going to hope and pray for more than 2 weeks.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"