February 2012 Moms

Sinus Issues

I'm getting what appears to be the start of sinus infection.  I've got the awesome post nasal drip that is giving me an annoying cough.  My OB's office is out for the holiday, I left a message but I'm desperate for relief.

What did you take?  Obviously while you are preggers.  :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sinus Issues

• I have been sick since Saturday with what turned into a sinus infection...I feel your pain and misery!

I have been taking Tylenol for the pain and sudafed (plain single symptom decongestant) for the congestion. My GP called in amoxicillin 875 which I have been taking since Wed.  My GP referred me to a chiropractor today who did some facial and neck soft tissue work as well as some vibration machine on my sinuses. It helped temporarily, but I'm back to being miserable.

Dr also suggested a humidifier as well as a nettie pot and/or natural saline rinse, which I'm waiting for my H to pick up.

I hope that you feel better soon!!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm on my second sinus infection in 2 months. It sucks. I suffered with the first for nearly 3 weeks before they put me on amoxicillin and just started another round of it today.

I can not say enough about saline. I was going to get a neti put but got this instead because it was a good price at costco  https://www.neilmed.com/can/sinusrinse.php

Also, a warm mist humidifier has helped we have 2 going in the house now. A warm bath and vicks vapo rub in the evening. Putting your face over a bowl of steaming water with a little eucalyptus oil loosens things up.  I was also told by my doc that medicated nasal spray ie dristan, afrin, otrivin (as long as it's not multi-symptom)  is okay for 3 days but prolonged use can make it worse. She also approved benedryl but that stuff messes with my head and I didn't want to take it.  Hope you find something to give you relief through the weekend until you can get to see your Dr. I feel your pain!!!

Isobel
    5 February 2008
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLAIM:

I can not say enough about saline. I was going to get a neti put but got this instead because it was a good price at costco  https://www.neilmed.com/can/sinusrinse.php

This! You would think I was getting company kickbacks for how often I recommend Netti pots and nasal lovage on these boards, but it really just works!!! Try it and I bet you will feel better fast. Get well soon.  

• imageNikkiS7934:

I have been sick since Saturday with what turned into a sinus infection...I feel your pain and misery!

I have been taking Tylenol for the pain and sudafed (plain single symptom decongestant) for the congestion. My GP called in amoxicillin 875 which I have been taking since Wed.  My GP referred me to a chiropractor today who did some facial and neck soft tissue work as well as some vibration machine on my sinuses. It helped temporarily, but I'm back to being miserable.

Dr also suggested a humidifier as well as a nettie pot and/or natural saline rinse, which I'm waiting for my H to pick up.

I hope that you feel better soon!!! 

I have one too... I cant take sudafed but my OB recommend Tylenol sinus, I have amoxicillin 875 Rx and will be using my netti pot tonight. ..there was a new story on the netti pot and they recommend not using tap water but bottled water.  Tap water can have parasites which can be deadly if then enter your since cavity. Luke warm water works best follow directions or you'll feel like your drowning yourself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"