Potty Training

DS doesn't want to PT!

I am starting to get some pressure and flack about DS still not being potty trained (he is almost 2 & 1/2). He was showing interest in the summer but now has zero interest in the potty, actually the opposite, if I try to set him in the potty he cries and scream and says he doens't like it.

He has big boy underwear in all his favourites (cars, thomas, Toy story, etc) and he says he doesn't want to wear them he wants a diaper.

I am off on modified bedrest and of course I would love to train him before #2 arrives, however I don't want to push him. I don't want it to be full of crying and negatives, any tips? I'm just trying to offer the potty and encourage him without pressuring him for now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DS doesn't want to PT!

• I would definitely back off and revisit it in a month or two.  I'm just PTing my DS and he's a few months older than yours.  You don't want this to become something that becomes a power struggle with him and you definitely want him to be happy about it.

A lot can change in a month or two, so try it then.  You can continue to offer the potty in a casual way to see if he has any interest, but with a no pressure sell.

Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I went through the same battle with DD. We would encourage, sit her on there, and she would cry and tell me no. I even tried again last week while I was off for Christmas and it wasn't clicking. I'm not sure what happened in the last few days, but all of a sudden DD is all about going on the potty. I think they just have to do it on their timeline.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"