Nurseries and Baby Gear

10 Best Baby Products (of 2011)

There was a vote on Facebook by BC about the best baby products of the year. I will copy paste the top ten list. Do you agree? Anything missing? This definitely helps with planning!

ERGObaby Carrier

Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play

Moby Wrap

Nosefrida the Snotsucker

Boppy Nursing Pillow

My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow 

BOB Revolution stroller

Boba Carrier

Baby K'Tan Carrier

Aden + Anais Swaddles

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 10 Best Baby Products (of 2011)

• The only things we have on this list are the Ergo, the boppy and the A+A swaddles. I highly recommend all of them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 6 of them and they have been lifesavers. It's a good list. I'm surprised the city mini isn't there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Okay...why do I need to get the Ergo AND the moby? Help a FTM out.
  • imagekatea81:
    Okay...why do I need to get the Ergo AND the moby? Help a FTM out.

these was three carriers in this list

lolololo
  • The only things on the list we couldn't do without were the Snotsucker and the Swaddles. We have the Ergo but LO hated it. We don't have anything else on that list.

I would add the Medela Freestyle pump, I could not BF for 1 yr without that. 

BTW What is BC?

• I know, but does anyone know if there is a need for both of these carriers? 
  • imagekatea81:

You don't if you get the ergo newborn insert but the moby is great for newborns and the ergo can be used for toddlers too.  

• I think there are two carriers because the Moby is for newborn and Ergo (without insert) for 3 months+ or when baby can hold up its head. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageJellyBeens:

The only things on the list we couldn't do without were the Snotsucker and the Swaddles. We have the Ergo but LO hated it. We don't have anything else on that list.

I would add the Medela Freestyle pump, I could not BF for 1 yr without that. 

BTW What is BC?

Baby Cheapskate. It is a deal blog.

• imagekatea81:

They are two different types of carriers. The moby is a wrap and the Ergo is a structured carrier. You don't NEED both of them...We have used our Ergo with infant insert since LO was 3 weeks old and we never really had the need for a Moby wrap.

• Kind of a lame list considering there are FOUR types of baby carriers on there, and two nursing pillows.  There really should be one from each category if it were to be an actual list of the top baby products.  No one needs 4 baby carriers or 2 different nursing pillows!

The thought of the Nosefrida snotsucker makes me want to puke!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagejanecanadian:

Kind of a lame list considering there are FOUR types of baby carriers on there, and two nursing pillows.  There really should be one from each category if it were to be an actual list of the top baby products.  No one needs 4 baby carriers or 2 different nursing pillows!

The thought of the Nosefrida snotsucker makes me want to puke!

this.  That list is really lame.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I agree with some of the list... I would add the Puj Tub for sure... hands down one of the best baby goodies we have!
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • imagesarahbeth827:
    The only things we have on this list are the Ergo, the boppy and the A+A swaddles. I highly recommend all of them!

Me too!  I like them all and survived just fine without the rest.

• I have the Fisher Price Rock and Play, Nosefrida, Boppy, Brest Friend, Bob, and A&A swaddles.  Of those, the only one I didn't need was the Boppy.  The others are amazing, IMO, and in hindsight these were all things I couldn't have lived without.  Especiall the BOB--best stroller on the market IMO.

We used a Baby Bjorn carrier but LO didn't really like to be worn, so I didn't find it necessary.  We probably won't even get a carrier for this baby.

• I liked the Ergo Baby Carrier, Nosefrida, and Aden + Anais Swaddles.  We just used a regular pillow rather than a nursing pillow.  And I liked our Graco Snugride Infant Car Seat, but if we had to buy again I might want to get a Chicco infant car seat or Britax infant car seat.  I kinda thought the BOB Revolution stroller was too expensive.  But then I work better with a stroller that I can use either on a bus or that it is lighter and easier to carry like a Graco Stroller just in case their are steps where you are going.  But I know that it is a trend for some mothers who like their BOB strollers. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I just read another 2011 list on this blog. It's baby products that came out in 2011 though and there are some doubles on this one too like two strollers.
  • We love the Bob Stroller, The Boppy Nursing pillow, the Moby for when she was a newborn, the Aden and Anais swaddlers.  
  • imagekatea81:
    I know, but does anyone know if there is a need for both of these carriers? 

I personally have both the Ergo and K'tan. The Ergo can fit anyone, but the K'tan are sized (my DH can't fit mine). However, the K'tan takes up much less space and is faster to put on so I usually always have it in our diaper bag. My DS needs help falling asleep for naps if he gets overtired and I couldn't live without my K'tan for this.  

For the rest of the list, I agree with the A&A blankets and the RnP (DS has reflux and can't sleep on a flat surface, plus I can easily move it around to have DS hang out while I'm getting ready in the morning, etc.). I'd add the Snap n Go stroller to the list. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"