Toddlers: 24 Months+

A poll: Which was harder?

Hi Ladies. Which do you think was harder: being in labor/giving birth or raising and taking care of a toddler? Thoughts? TIA

Re: A poll: Which was harder?

• Raising and taking care of a toddler, hands down.  Labor/birth was over in a day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • raising a toddler!

You know that labor/delivery is going to come to an end

Toddlers are ever changing. Each day brings new things. Less physical pain of course but definitely more mental stress!

Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Loading the player...
  • Webbie3: ITA! I'm with you!
  • I'm with you all raising a toddler
    image image
  • I agree that the toddler is harder sorta, but think that labor and delivery the first time around took more courage and strength.  You don't have much time to warm up to the idea of a human coming out of your vagina/vulva whatever, pardon the vocabulary.  But your toddler, you've had a couple years to love, become devoted to.  The birth canal doesn't give you hugs and say I love you to the moon and India and home again, my toddler does.  But L&D you don't have choice, no way to avoid it.  Parenting well is a choice...  Labor and delivery the outcome is tangible.  Parenting a toddler- you have to wait 20-30 years to see the outcome of your parenting. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I choose option #3: breastfeeding for a year! :) 

I thought labor/delivery/recover was was easier than everyone made it out to be. Don't get me wrong- it was awful, but the horror stories I heard were worse than my experience, thankfully.

Having a toddler is tough, but I love it. DS is funny, inventive, clever, affectionate. Some days are hard, but I am LOVING this phase. I love spending time with the little person he is becoming. 

Breastfeeding for me was the hardest part so far... the pain, the commitment, the pumping, the self-doubt that DS was getting enough to eat (he was a grumpy baby and I always thought it was because he was hungry). I am very committed to breast feeding, had no major issues with DS and believe it is right for our family, but man, it's tough! I'm intimidated by starting that all over again soon. 

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes, raising a toddler - way harder!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"