February 2012 Moms

due date conflict (long vent)

My nephew's 1st surgery in a series of surgeries he will get in the next few years has been scheduled for March 1st, I am due on February 23rd.

He is going to be 2 tomorrow  and has chronic kidney disease along with a few other health problems, we all have been waiting until the doctors thought he was strong enough for surgery. They are going to be fixing his vesicoureteral reflux, basically the valve that transfers urine from kidney to bladder doesnt work and it is allowing his urine to follow back and forth, which caused kidney failure and is scaring the other kidney. This is the first surgery before he gets a kidney transplant later in life.

This will be the 3rd time he has been hospitalized, he will be in the hospital in another town (4 hours away) for 10 days. I am super bummed that we cant be there, in the past we stayed with my brother and SIL during his hospital stays as support. We stayed with my nephew so SIL and my brother could go to our hotel and shower and nap, go eat. Just added some relief when they were stressed to the max. 

Long story short I am super bummed we cant be there, but in my heart I know I have to put our baby and her needs first. Just wish I could be in 2 places at once. I so badly want to be there for them, I know it is hard on SIL and my nephew will be going crazy in a hospital room for 10 days.

thanks for letting me vent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: due date conflict (long vent)

• Send an activity kit.  When I was in the hospital as a young kid I got a great Audio Tape that went with a Mother Goose coloring book.  That kept me busy for quite a while. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't blame you for being upset, I would be tooSad, but I know your brother and SIL understand. Like the others said, I think it would be a GREAT idea to try and send him an activity basket full of fun activities that would help pass the time. Things like stickers, coloring books, a new video or two of his favorite show or movie, small but not too noisy toys, and yummy dr approved snacks would be nice. T&P for a fast and speedy surgury/recovery for your nephew. Pls keep us updated..
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"