October 2011 Moms
Options

Sitting up

No, I'm not AWing, she's not doing it yet... however, when we lay her on her back she seems to be trying to pull herself up.  It looks like she's doing baby crunches.  When are they supposed to start sitting up?  Is anyone elses LO doing this?
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

Re: Sitting up

• Options

My LO doesn't do that when she's flat on her back, but if I lay her on my thighs.. with my knees bent so she's looking right at me (not sure if I'm describing this well enough.. sorry) .. she will start doing "crunches" as you described it.  It's quite cute to watch haha

I could be completely wrong in this assumption.. but I think LOs don't sit up on their own until 5 or 6 months?

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So cute! My friend's DD sat up for the first time today, she is just shy of 6 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm starting to see that with our little guy, too. I'm going to a consignment shop next week and hoping I can find and try out a bumbo seat to see if he'd like it. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If I set him up and hold his hands, he enjoys just sitting in that position for a little bit. If I let go, he'll slowly crumple forward or to the side... Definitely not holding himself unassisted yet.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

imageHappyAardvark:
    If I set him up and hold his hands, he enjoys just sitting in that position for a little bit. If I let go, he'll slowly crumple forward or to the side... Definitely not holding himself unassisted yet.

Yes, she can definitely hold herself up in the sitting up position for a few minutes.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    imageHappyAardvark:
    DD is the same way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I remember DS doing this. He started sitting up around 4 months. DD is almost 4 months and has zero interest in sitting up. She would rather stand while I'm holding her hands. She gets pissed if I try to sit her down. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My little guy is doing crunches, too.  He can sit for a minute or so if we're holding hands sometimes but he does not do this consistently.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No way could LO pull herself up, but sitting is her new favorite thing as of a couple weeks ago.  She'll sit on daddy's lap for extended periods of time (not mine -- I'm just the drink bar), and she refuses to be carried or held now unless it's in the sitting position.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"