October 2011 Moms
Options

Baby seems constantly uncomfortable...

We are so blessed to have such a great baby. Evelyn usually is a great eater and sleeper and doesn't fuss a whole lot. But over the past couple days she just seems uncomfortable. Her frequency of eating is alot less, she is constantly struggling in her swaddle, and its taking much longer for her to put herself to sleep (if at all, I usually end up rocking her for the most part).

I thought maybe a growth spurt but she's not eating nearly as much. We follow (or try to follow) the EASY routine but sometimes after she sleeps she refuses to eat. Its been over 4 hours since really ate last (she woke up twice during those 4 hours) and shes back to sleep now. I tried to feed her over and over again but she refused.

I'm not sure what to do and I feel so bad for her because no matter what I've tried her whole body is constantly squirming (even when she's eating) and she seems like she just can't get comfortable. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP February 2011; DD born October 15, 2011
CP: December 2012
Miscarriage: February 2013
Blighted Ovum: July 2013

Re: Baby seems constantly uncomfortable...

• Options

The squirming and seeming full does seem like gas to me also.  DD burps like a man some times during tummy time when she pushes herself up, or you could try the "soda can" technique by sitting her on your thigh and bouncing your leg pretty quickly while trying burp (brings gas bubbles to the surface).  Do you BF?  Maybe you ate something new lately that didn't agree with her?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

This just started happening with my LO.  He's also a great baby-usually very happy, good eater and sleeper.  For the past few days, he has slept horribly.  He's wriggled out of his velcro swaddle several times at night and woken himself up.  His naps are a nightmare-he fights them and I have to walk him to get him to sleep.  I spend 30 minutes getting him to sleep for him to nap just 15-20 minutes! 

I also thought it could be a weird 10 week growth spurt, but he's eating less than normal.  I'm going crazy and hoping that this is just a phase.  He used to STTN, but that has gone out the window this week.  I have no advice, but at least you and your LO are not alone! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageclara5878:

This just started happening with my LO.  He's also a great baby-usually very happy, good eater and sleeper.  For the past few days, he has slept horribly.  He's wriggled out of his velcro swaddle several times at night and woken himself up.  His naps are a nightmare-he fights them and I have to walk him to get him to sleep.  I spend 30 minutes getting him to sleep for him to nap just 15-20 minutes! 

I also thought it could be a weird 10 week growth spurt, but he's eating less than normal.  I'm going crazy and hoping that this is just a phase.  He used to STTN, but that has gone out the window this week.  I have no advice, but at least you and your LO are not alone! 

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this...let me know if you figure anything out!

I thought it might be gas too but she's not fussy really....she's just really squirmy and seems like she just wants to move around alot. And today the eating has gotten worse...she's eaten maybe 3 times, with the best session at 4am. She refuses the boob and I'm trying the bottle when she wakes up from her nap. Its like she just wants to look around and play...Should babies be spacing out feedings already? It seems too soon to me. I don't know...She doesn't seem upset and I would think she'd be pissed if she was hungry and really gassy. I'm at a loss...Thanks though for your help!

BFP February 2011; DD born October 15, 2011
    CP: December 2012
    Miscarriage: February 2013
    Blighted Ovum: July 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"