Pregnant after IF
Options

Those that have travelled by air...

Did you go through security as usual?? Or request to be patted down? We're flying tomorrow and it makes me nervous to walk through the machines. Also, any other advice? My dr just said to stay hydrated and get up once an hour to stretch legs...which shouldn't be a problem since I'm sure I'll need to pee! :) carrying on meds shouldn't be an issue as long as they have my prescription on them right? Sorry for the flying pregnant newbie questions! TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Re: Those that have travelled by air...

• Options

While I was pregnant, I asked to be patted down.

Otherwise, it was no big deal.  I flew at 5 weeks, 18 weeks and 32 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I flew without a problem at 17 weeks.  Absolutely no issues... I asked my doctor about the scanner before I left and she said it was fine.  Personally, if I were traveling every month (like I did with a previous job), I would not want to go thru the scanners quite that often, but I did it the one trip (and back) without worrying.  It was a little funny, too, because when i went through, there was a guy there (mid-40s) who was really not happy about the "radiation" from the scanners and causing a bit of a stink with the TSA agents.  Here I was with a little tummy at the time and I walked right through after him.  My 20-week anatomy scan showed no issues, if that's somehow reassuring as well. 
    On a TTC journey since March 2010 that is making me more appreciative of life and love. 7/20 -- Surprise phone call from RE after lap pre-op appt-- BFP! 8/5 -- Ultrasound #1 8/12 -- Ultrasound #2 Pregnancy Ticker My Imperfect Pursuit of Gardening
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I walked through the mag, really wasn't concerned about it at all.  I find in general that flying makes my morning sickness (all-day sickness) worse so if you're prone to feeling sick right now you might want to keep some crackers in your bag or whatever your go to cure is.  Have a fun and safe trip!
  • Options

The regular metal detector is no big deal, but I did decline to go through the xray machine when they were screening everyone after Thanksgiving -- had to wait a few minutes for them to get a woman tsa agent over there to do the pat down, but it was no big deal.  That's the only time I've been selected for extra screening like that, but I would continue to opt for the pat-down if it comes up again. 

Although the manufaturer claims the machines are safe, that is totally dependent on the machines being maintained properly and only used at the levels prescribed by the manufacturer --- I don't have enough faith in the TSA to trust that they are testing and repairing the machines regularly to make sure the xray levels are what they are supposed to be.

• Options
    Oh, another suggestion -- if the flight is longer than about an hour, I'd recommend taking a small pillow to sit on -- I didn't do this on my first flight and my tailbone hurt for days afterwards from the uncomfortable seat. 

• Options

I flew at 16 weeks. It wasn't bad at all. I was quite annoyed at the other passengers (one set next to me brought in quesadilla leftovers from an airport resturant, and I thought I was going to be sick), but nothing else was that bad. I did go through the scanner thing- but it wasn't a big deal, and baby is doing just fine. 

I did have to wait to go through customs super hungry- and I thought I was gonna get sick or pass out- so I suggest making sure to eat and bring food/snacks with you...

Don't stress too much, it's not a big deal! 

• Options
    I went through the metal dectectors.  My MFM said they were fine.  You can't go through the x-ray machines if you are selected for those, though.  With my meds, I got a doctor's note, but they barely even looked at the meds.  So, the prescription should be plenty!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    I flew at 27 weeks and just went through security as usual. Wear comfy pants :) my big mistake was wearing maternity jeans and it was awful! haha Have a good flight! -- OH and I ALWAYS carry on my meds :) unless its liquid, it wont be a problem!
    Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    When I was pg, I also asked to be patted down.  I actually flew quite a bit when I was pg, and especially in the first couple weeks.  It was no big deal and I just made sure to drink plenty of water, and get up every hour or so.  Happy flying!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"