Pregnant after IF

Large Cysts at 1st US

I had my first u/s today at 5w and the dr found 3 large cysts on my right ovary (I think together they were 115mmx88mm).  Has anyone experienced this?  Do they go away on their own? Surgery?  It's a little scary - the cysts are as big as my uterus almost :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Large Cysts at 1st US

• At my 1st u/s I had a large cyst on my right ovary that was 8x5cm.  They watched it with u/s to make sure it was not getting any bigger.  By my 12 week appt it has shrunk to 5x2 cm and so they were no longer worried about it since it was skrinking.  They talked surgery if no change or growing by 13 weeks.  Good luck.
  • I have a large one on my right ovary, they are just keeping an eye on it.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a few cysts, but luckily they're all shrinking. They started out pretty big at my first U/S. They all stayed around the same size until about 7 weeks, when they slowly started to shrink.

This is the first week I didn't get an u/s (since I graudated to my OB), but I'm pretty sure they're still there. They were/are pretty uncomfortable, but my RE wasn't worried as long as they were shrinking and I wasn't having any spotting.

GL to you! 

• I had one at my first U/S and by the second it was gone.

It's not uncommon, especially with IVF.

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thanks ladies!  It was just pretty scary because he was like, 'WHAT did we trigger her with?!?'  I did IUI for this cycle, so I don't think he was expecting to find them. I appreciate your insight - I'll just wait until next week and hope they shrink :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"