Working Moms
Options

Exercise ball as a desk chair?

Does anyone do this? My lower back has been killing me lately, and I'm thinking of bringing in an exercise ball to use as my desk chair to see if that helps. Suggestions for a good one?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise ball as a desk chair?

• Options
    Sorry, all I can picture is when Dwight from The Office was using one and Jim leaned over and stabbed it with a pair of scissors :-p  Not helpful, I know haha
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Yes I used to do it while pregnant to help sciatica. I also do it if I want to change it up. Give it a go Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have one that I have used for 2 years and love it. I find it a great stress relief to bounce on or do a short work out when I am ready to freak out. I have a cheapo one from Target at work that I bought this time of the year when they go on sale. The one I have at home is super nice one by Reebok (?) that has a little sand in it so it doesn't roll away too fast.

Make sure to get one that is the right size for your height (check on the box) if not, you will be uncomfortable.

• Options
    This is all I have at my at-home office desk... I love it.  Although you do have to maintain pretty good posture otherwise your back will hurt in a different way!  I got my ball from Walmart and just made sure the size was right.
    Lilypie - (YBLf)

Lilypie - (Cfah)
    image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"">
  • Options
    I also use one in my office and I found that I had to buy one much larger than recommend for my height (I'm only 5'2) otherwise I was sitting too low at my desk and could barely reach my keyboard! I've found it's great for helping me stay focused as I'm able to move around more when I'm working.. which helps me with multi-tasking and short attention span issues. :) Also, it helps keep your core muscles strong.
  • Options
    I use one at work too and love it. My recommendation is if you get one for your size you might find it is too short to sit at your desk. The one I have at work is a large and I am only 5'1 and I don't find it an issue at all. Once you get further along you will find yourself sitting in it rolling to relieve hip pain or to open your hips. They even make a circular roller piece to make your ball a roller chair too which I have looked into!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"