Breastfeeding

Almost 3 mo. old doesn't eat much during the day

For the past week or so, DD gets a bottle of EBM before bed (3 oz. or so), wakes 1 time for a good, solid BF around 3am, then again around 7am. Then she sleeps again for a while.  The issue is that all day it's hit or miss with BFing.  She will pop on and off the boob, seemingly distracted and uninterested.  It has started to affect my daytime supply (obviously) and I go back to work in a few days and need to be able to pump.  I have been pumping after a few of these "crappy" feeds, but want to know if this is normal for this age and what I can do about it on weekends when I will be home BFing her.  Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Almost 3 mo. old doesn't eat much during the day

• I remember DD1 going through phases of being distracted and I think the first one was around that age. At that age, they're starting to be more aware of their surroundings and would rather look around than settle down to nurse. I started always nursing DD in her room with the light off and the white noise machine on. I also tried using my nursing cover at home, but she didn't like that. Anyway, I'd try to minimize distractions and just be patient as she goes through this phase. Pump when needed and take advantage of the times she's sleepy and will get a good feeding in.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"