Adoption

They're leaving

The judge ruled that the kids will go live with their half sisters family. I understand they want them all together. Their mom seemed like a decent lady. Very appreciative of what we've done. At 5am this morning when our toddler was up for the fourth time, we were ready to go back to our normal life. Now, 5 hours later, our hearts are broken. I just don't think the new family will be able to provide for them now and in the future. I know it's not all about money, but I want them to have opportunities. Hopefully they'll be ok. 

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.

Re: They're leaving

• I am so sorry. They are very lucky to have gotten to spend some time with you and your dh though, I just feel bad that they have to go. *hugs*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry you are hurting but it is a common event in fostering.  I don't know if you are a believer or not but it is time to put them in God's hands. I know that sounds trite but you really don't have much recourse.  You have to trust that the new family will do their best and it will be enough even if it isn't what you wanted for them.  I've been where you are and knew to the bottom of my soul that the placement was wrong.  I was right and our son came back to us but sometimes it is the right thing.

ET my crappy typing!

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry.  I would be sad too :(

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• So sorry.....
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • I'm so sorry,  That must be so hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"