Pregnant after IF
Options

R/P: cancelled IUI anyone?

We're TTC #2 and on our 4th IUI. I went in today for a monitoring appointment and have 6 follies around 12. I"m guessing they will lower my dose, see me tomorrow, and hope that 1, 2 or at most 3, are leading the pack. 

What happens if they cancel? Do you still do the trigger shot to avoid any cysts? Anyone convert to an IVF? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: R/P: cancelled IUI anyone?

• Options
    My 2nd IUI resulted in 5 mature follies so my RE gave us the choice of converting to IVF, moving forward with the IUI with selective reduction if we ended up with high order mutiples, or cancelling.

We were not ready for IVF at that point and were not ok with selective reduction so we opted to cancel. I didn't trigger but just stopped the Clomid. Luckily I didn't have any cysts for the following cycle. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

12mm is still small, so they'll probably just continue to monitor and hope one or two pull out in front. If they don't, they would just cancel and not do anything else. Usually that means no trigger either. Sometimes, depending on diagnosis and how many are at maturity, they will even advise NOT to do TI. It would be unusual to switch to IVF unless that was already discussed and part of your treatment plan. GL! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When one of my iui's was cancelled, they made me trigger anyway, the nurse said to avoid cysts. Ironically the next cycle, I had 4 cysts all over 1cm on my right ovary. That cycle got cancelled too. I would imagine they would have you trigger anyway.
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We decided to cancel our first IUI because of 4 follies. The doctor was fine with it, but we were not.  We did not get the trigger, I just waited to ovulate and we didn't have sex.  We just waited for the next cycle and did 25mg of clomid instead of 50mg.  Then we got 2 follies and our BFP.  It did take me longer to ovulate on the clomid than it normally did. 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"