October 2011 Moms
Options

XP Serious question.

XP from SAHMs - any advice? Okay so I'm still on my maternity leave- but will be a part time SAHM this January. I'm in a pickle- I seriously have trouble getting up and out of my pjs when I know I'm going to be at the house all day! So my question is what is your go to outfit for home? I hate DH constantly seeing me in lounge wear when he gets off work ! I want to look good, but be comfortable at the same time. By no means am I trying to acuse SAHMs of only wearing pajamas, I'm just looking for some advice from someone that may have gone through the same problem.

Re: XP Serious question.

• Options
    I stay in pj's most of the day and shower and change in the afternoon so when DH comes home, I look better.
    TTC Since 2/09... BFP 12/26/09 - Missed miscarriage (6 weeks), D&C 1/28/10, BFP 4/23/10 - Miscarriage (18 wks 4 days) due to Turner's Syndrome, Delivered Lyla Ann on 7/29/10, BFP 12/10/10 - Natural miscarriage (5 weeks 6 days) 12/23/10, BFP 2/2/11 - EDD: 10/15/11 - Stick baby stick!!
  • Options
    i shower in the morning, hair and make up done and i usually dress in yoga pants, leggings, cotton shirts, tunics or sweaters--usually layers for easy BFing.  i like to think i am always pulled together but still comfortable.  i have never had a day that i wore pjs all day!  if i am going out or visiting i will wear jeans but if i am home, i am in more comfortable pants so that i can get on the floor and play with DD. 
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelisajay09:
    By the time DH comes home I have been spit up on 20 times, had my hair pulled out of it's ponytail by DS and have food/formula all over me.  DH thinks I'm dead sexy that way.  I have pj's, nicer pj's and my "good" sweatpants.  After being a teacher for so many years and dressing for work...I loves me some loungewear!!

Ditto this exactly. I only work 3-4 days a week and I love wearing loungewear when I'm home. And since dd spits up constantly, I tend to wait to change til she spits up on me - but I usually stick to pjs or yoga pants if I don't need to leave the house.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My pajamas are loungewear (yoga pants, etc) and yep, I stay in them all day.  I don't care.  My H doesn't judge.  I'll worry about pulling myself together when she's older. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't think I could stay in PJ's all day.  I'm more of a yoga or sweat pants and a tee shirt person when I know I'm staying home.  I tend to shower either just before or just after the hub-unit gets home.  It just works better that way for me.  I had a literal, screaming realization that I need to work on making myself more presentable, more often.  I tend to wear my glasses instead of contacts most of the day and generally have my hair up if I'm not going out.  My little guy has really gotten use to this being his mommy's look.  I took a shower, put on contacts, make-up and was wearing my hair down when he woke up from his nap the other day.  To him, I wasn't the person who put him down for his nap, because when I went in to greet him, he looked at me confused for a second and then started crying.  It was SO sad!  I had to convince him that decent-looking mommy is still his mommy.  He reminded me that I need to try more often, not for DH or myself, but for all of us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a tn of VS sweat suits and cute tops. I wear a lot of leggings as well. I also always wear mascara and lip gloss, takes two seconds but looks like I made an effort. Good hairspray helps too lol.
  • Options
    I take a shower either before, during or right after J's morning nap. If we have plans that day, I wear jeans, a dress or a skirt. If we're staying home, I change into my cute lounge around the house stuff - typically lululemon dance studio or groove pants, a tank and a BF friendly top over it. I also always do my hair and at least put on a tiny bit of makeup. Not that my kid cares, but it makes me feel better to be pulled together and look like a normal woman, not just a mom. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Before LO wakes up in the morning I shower and put on jeans -- if I'm wearing jeans I consider myself dressed!  I wear one of various long-sleeved t-shirts to bed and throw a hoodie over it during the day.  DH doesn't judge but I'll admit to pulling the 50's housewife every once in awhile and putting on make-up just before he gets home.  I don't want him to forget what I look like on a good day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"