August 2011 Moms
Options

No Sleep...ever...

My DS is about four and a half months and has been a terrible sleeper for the last month. It doesn't look like it's getting any better soon, either.  It seems to be getting worse and worse! 

He usually goes to bed around 6-7 and falls asleep pretty quickly but he only sleeps for about an hour and half, sometimes 2-3 hours, if we are lucky.  Then he is up every 45 mins to an hour for the rest of the night.

I've tried everything! Bouncing, swinging, smoothing in crib, he has a lovey, a stuffed animal he loves and a blanket. He even co-sleeps most of the night. Nothing works!  The only thing that calms him down is nursing for about 5 mins. I've tried to let him CIO for about five mins but he seems to only get worse.   

I'm not sure what to do anymore. This seems like an awful long "phase" - I'm afraid I will never sleep again!

Please tell me I'm not alone! 

Re: No Sleep...ever...

• Options
    Welcome to my world!! I wish I had some advice for you...I keep asking on the board, but I dont really get any responses other than what I'm giving you right now. We're up so frequently, it's disgusting. People keep saying it's going to get better, but every time someone says that, it gets worse. You're not alone. I'm right there with you!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for replying! I'm at my wits end. He's a terrible napper too - only 20-30 mins maybe twice a day. We have also tried the Magic Sleep Suit and it doesn't work either!  Ugh, i need a vacation...haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about a later bedtime? Do you have a bedtime routine?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You are not alone. Our son was a wonderful sleeper before the 4MW. It has been about 5weeks and barley this week he is starting to get back on routine. Just stay strong and it's about patience and the parents working together to keep yourself sane. Good Luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Right there with you :( This effing svcks.
  • Options

imageetoyama:
    Right there with you :( This effing svcks.

Ditto

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD1 slept in a swing til she was 5.5 months old & DD2 appears to be following suit.  It's the only way we're "surviving".  (That's such a loose term these days).
  • Options
    I'm glad my DS isn't the only one. I thought there might be something wrong with him, even though I know a lot of babies don't sleep very well.  I'm a walking zombie, yet he's all smiles and laughs. I guess that makes it a little bit easier! 
  • Options

imageS-Tuna:
    What about a later bedtime? Do you have a bedtime routine?

We have tried all different bedtimes and the later we put him down the worse it is throughout the night. We also have a bedtime routine - PJs, nursing, story, crib with mobile and music.   

• Options
    Askmoxie.org has an article on 4M sleep regression. It doesn't have any solutions, but it does explain it a little bit. It made me feel better knowing that this is completely normal. The bad thing is that it also explained a 8-9 month sleep regression. So in April or May we will all be back at this!
  • Options

I think some babies just don't sleep. DS will go down pretty easily, but he wakes up about every 45 minutes-hour until 11pm or so, then he's up every 2-4 hours. I can't even attempt drowsy but awake with him, and I feel he's too young for any sleep training, so we're stuck going into his room every 5 seconds all night long. And we do white noise, bath before bed, bedtime routine, every single thing other people do with their STTN babies.

It sucks, but I guarantee you it won't last forever. DD was the same exact way, we ended up doing Ferber at 7.5 months and she's been an awesome sleeper since.

• Options
    No advice, just wanted to say I'm going through the same stuff, you are not alone:)
  • Options
    Im turning into a zombie. I know how you feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"