Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Sippy woes

I have no idea how to handle Louie's new trick. She'll take a drink and then open her mouth and let it run out. Then the next she'll pick it up again and drink from it like normal. Then the next sip, she's back to drenching herself. She's constantly a soggy mess. Does anyone else's kid do this?

I tried giving her a straw sippy thinking it would help, but she can't figure it out. How do you teach them to drink from a straw?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Sippy woes

• Yes, my kid does this all the time!  I really hope that it stops before we start giving her formula/milk in there instead of plain water.  I'm thinking of buying straw sippies and "showing her" how to drink.  When I tried to get her to drink from a regular straw, she failed miserably.  I'm hoping someone has a good idea!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't be fooled by straw sippies.  That's what we have and DS knows how to use them but will often still let it run out of his mouth.  When he starts doing that I only let him take tiny sips which he always seems to swallow.  Haven't switched to formula in a sippy yet but want to soon.  Not sure how that's going to work out though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"