Health & Exercise
Options

Good prenatal yoga video?

Any recommendations?
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good prenatal yoga video?

• Options
    HA! I was just going to ask this question!
  • Options

I was very excited to get two prenatal yoga DVDs for christmas-  I've only tried one so far.  I've been doing yoga for several years but had to hold off for 3 months due to horrible m/s.  I'm anxious to get back to it now that i'm in the second trimester and starting to feel better.  

The Element Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga with instructor Elena Bower is split into two short sessions.  I only did the prenatal one, and its about 30 mins.  Easy workout.  Gets you stretched out and centered.  Would be great for beginners, and for those easing back into it like me.  (more advanced yogis might be bored, but then again they might not be looking for a dvd either)

The second one is Shiva Rea's Prenatal Yoga by Gaiam.    It is 70 minutes.  Don't know yet if that is split up into smaller workouts.  When I try this one out later this week I'll let you know what I think.

I've got a couple of good pregnancy yoga books too that give you good do's and don'ts.  If you're interested I can go look up the titles.   I would recommend yoga to anyone and everyone- I hear it does wonderful things for childbirth, so we'll see!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The New Method: Baby and Mom Prenatal Yoga video is great! It gets you really stretched and worked out without wearing you out and the music and trainer are soothing. And it takes time at the end to just rest and be with your unborn baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"