Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

How early did you start using the Ergo (& insert?)?

How young was baby when you started using the Ergo for outings and walks? H is not a fan of strollers and I was wondering how early we could take baby out around the neighborhood.

Also, did you use the infant insert?  If not, did you prop baby with blankets inside? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How early did you start using the Ergo (& insert?)?

• Options
    We had the ergo and the insert from day one.  I preferred the Moby when she was tiny- she HAAAAATTTEEEDDD the insert and I did too- but she was a summer baby and we were both hot.  After she was big enough to be out of it, we both loved it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We used a Moby from birth to about 3 months.  DS is 6 months now and we're still using the insert because it gets him up higher, which keeps him happier.  He's small for his age (3rd % in weight/height) but has great head control.  I don't mind the added padding at all.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've used the ergo since day one. I would not use a blanket. The insert is not just for their head and keeping them from falling put, but also for proper positioning of their spine. A blanket will not do the same. My LO was 9 pounds at birth.
  • Options
    We have had the Ergo from day 1 as well, but I didn't have the insert at first. We tried to use a rolled up receiving blanket, but I didn't feel like he was secure enough, and he slouched down too much. We ordered the heart2heart insert and I really liked it! He was about 4.5/5 months when we stopped using it. DS has never been a fan of the carrier though, unfortunately. He just never liked it, and would fuss the whole time he was in it. Hopefully DS#2 will like it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I went ahead and ordered the insert!
  • Options
    We used the Ergo Sport w/ Infant Insert from the first week.
  • Options
    I used it from when he was a few weeks old with the infant insert.  I absolutely love the Ergo and we got lucky that people gave us that and the infant insert a gifts.  It's one of my most used items, especially when I go to the store and use a shopping cart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"