April 2012 Moms
Options

Bottles

Has anyone picked what bottles they are using yet? I am going crazy trying to decide. It seems like every bottle out there has something wrong with it! I don't know why but I am obsessing over picking the best bottle. I will be breastfeeding while I am home and pumping when I go back to work. Does anyone have any bottles they would recommend??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottles

• Options

One of my friends told me to try some basic, cheap bottles first.  Then if he takes them - great!  If not, move onto something else.  

I started with the Evenflo comfi bottles, and he took those just fine.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I used the Breastflow bottles with DS, and I'm hoping the new LO is okay with them, too. I will also be breastfeeding, but I'm going to make sure I always have a little stash so DH and I can keep up with our date nights once a month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagewils0482:

One of my friends told me to try some basic, cheap bottles first.  Then if he takes them - great!  If not, move onto something else.  

This. I think we started with an avent one we got free from our Ped., or maybe when we registered at BRU. Both kids took those well, so we just kept going with those.

You'll probably want to try out bottle feeding LO at least a few times before going back to work, so you'll have time to figure out what works best for your LO.

Mom to little frog 8/07, Lucky Duck 5/10, & Little Lion 4/12
  • Options
    We used the Medela bottles that came with the pump and never had an issue. Maybe start with those and switch if you have problems?
  • Options
    I used Dr. Brown's only because my sister used them and liked them.  We liked them too, but I guess they have a lot of parts?  (I never used anything else, so I couldn't compare)  But that wasn't a huge issue for us since I BF and only regularly pumped when I went back to work from March-June.  After that, DS only had an occasional bottle, so I didn't mind cleaning a bunch of parts a couple times a month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We started with Dr Browns, but they were really hard to clean.  A lot of people put them in the dishwasher, but they always came out really slimy for me.  So we then switched to Playtex Drop-Ins.  We still use them.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    I used Playtex Drop-ins for both of my DS's. My DS2 had horrible reflux, and they were the only thing that didn't make it worse.

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Options
    We used and liked the breast flow and Avent bottles. DS was EBF.

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Options
    Thank you for your responses! We are registering today and I am panicked that I am going to make the wrong choice! I think I'll stick with the breast pump bottles that come with the pump for now! Big Smile
  • Options
    We used the drop ins with DD1 and plan on using them again this time around.  I do plan on BF, but she will need to use a bottle once I go back to work and am pumping.  Hopefully this time around, I will get enough when I am pumping and we don't have to supplement as much.  It was difficult last time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"