April 2012 Moms
Options

Diaper bag hell.....

I made the mistake of taking DH and DS (13) to Buy Buy Baby tonight (not close to our house) thinking I'd surely find an awesome diaper bag. 1 hr later, we left with nothing! They were really good about it but I am bummed that nothing appealed to me. Of course the males think I'm over-thinking things but I want it to be stylish AND functional. Anybody else having a hard time? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper bag hell.....

• Options
    I'm having a hard time finding one that my HUSBAND doesn't think is too girly...  and I don't to have two separate diaper bags so I guess I'm going to have to get something not as cute :p  We found one at Target that he says is OK for a guy to carry... so we'll probably go for that one, even though it's nowhere near my first choice.  I think it's an Eddie Bauer one.
  • Options
    Lol at the males. It is very true! I got lucky and did find a Carter's one there that I liked. It is dark brown with a white geometric pattern on it. Been using it for the past 2 weeks already (our one from DS was traaaashed), and it rocks. I highly recommend it. I was right about 40$ I think. DH was absolute in that he wanted me to spend no more than about 50$ on a bag, so I was really pleased to find it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I spent over $100 on a cute diaper bag and I don't use it.  We use the hop skip bag that I got for DH.  Oh well.

At this point I am tired of carrying 2 seperate bags.  My mother and I have our own business making custom handbags, so my next mission is to desig a purse with lots of inside pockets that is big enough to tuck away a couple diapers, wipes  and a sippy when I just run out with Z for a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options
    I am having a hard time as well! I just got the Vera Bradley one for Christmas (the regular baby bag not the one what was just on sale and talked about all over bumpie boards!) and I all registered for two Skip hop bags...but I think I am going to just stick to the Vera and the skip hop duo one. I am having a hard time too though! 
  • Options
    I found 2 nice diaper bags at Buy Buy Baby. One was black and dark green and another was green and brown.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm not at all ashamed to say the the diaper bag was the first thing that I picked out.  I'm sort of a purse whore...so I was super excited to have an excuse to "shop" for it.
  • Options
    If you have to carry it, you should like it!  My mom and sister bought mine a while ago, I haven't seen it but it's Coach and a gift so no complaints from me!  A work friend gave us her old bag which is a navy backpack that DH shouldn't be embarrassed about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have two diaper bags when I was pregnant with DD. One is a messenger type bag that works well when traveling with the stroller. I usually just hang it on the back of the stroller (even when it's full). Plus my DH loves carrying this bag (I got the Hop Skip messenger bag in red). I also have a Vera Bradley diaper bag (blue), and I use it a lot for traveling and just sitting it down, but it's a pain in the ass to carry out to outings. My next diaper bag will be a backpack time, that I can just put on my back. Um hello hands free.

• Options

imagebubbyboo:
    I'm having a hard time finding one that my HUSBAND doesn't think is too girly...  and I don't to have two separate diaper bags so I guess I'm going to have to get something not as cute :p  We found one at Target that he says is OK for a guy to carry... so we'll probably go for that one, even though it's nowhere near my first choice.  I think it's an Eddie Bauer one.

We registered for an Eddie Bauer one.  I like it, it is gender neutral, and DH thinks he will actually feel cool carrying around a bag from Eddie Bauer.

imageimage
                                                                            A15 January Siggy Challenge- 

Workout/fitness fails 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I really want a diaper bag that can be a purse type AND a backpack. Of course, the one I love is JuJuBe and $165. I can't justify that!! But, I found another one online last night that I like and it's $100 less. I'm still going to look around a bit, but I think unless I can find my dream one on ebay for cheap, I'm going to have to do some serious searching.
  • Options
    Just a word of warning about the Eddie Bauer bags...we registered for the small one for DH when we had DD. He barely used it and the zipper broke within 4 months. I know several other people who had the same problem. Now, this was 3 years ago, so they might have fixed the problem, but I'd look to see if they have it online reviews of it!
  • Options
    I had finally narrowed it down to a Diaper Dude one and a Skip Hop one (I think the messenger) when MIL gifted me a Petunia Pickle Bottom one for Christmas. I'm keeping it, so looks like DH and baby boy get a flowery bag. Oops! It's black, gray, and yellow...so at least not too girly in that sense :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use a Lesportsac Everyday Deluxe bag in a neutral pattern.  Obviously more feminine because, well, it's a purse.  But DH has never had a problem carrying it.  I mean, it's a diaper bag. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    I haven't seen anything I love yet, so will probably end up with either the Vera Bradley diaper bag (the regular one) or the Skip Hop Duo. I saw the Skip Hop at BRU this week in the Willow pattern and really liked it. As a FTM, I'm finding it a little tough to pick out a bag as I have no idea how much room I'm going to need in it.
  • Options
    I received a Ju Ju Be BFF bag for xmas and I LOVE it! :) I'm planning on cloth diapering and it looks like it will fit those just fine too but they do have larger and smaller versions of their bags. :)
  • Options
    I found the cutest bag that will be my new diaper bag at TJ MAXX the other day. You could go that route and just get a really large purse or tote and make sure it has compartments and can be wiped down if needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageTiffy75:
    I received a Ju Ju Be BFF bag for xmas and I LOVE it! :) I'm planning on cloth diapering and it looks like it will fit those just fine too but they do have larger and smaller versions of their bags. :)

That's the one I really want. Did you get a black or brown one so your H can use it too or one with a cute print? I love the cute prints but it's so expensive I'd feel bad if DH couldn't use it too. It just looks SO well organized in there and so useful and I love the size etc. Where'd you get yours from?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"