3rd Trimester
Options

Can very early contractions last 3 minutes??

My entire lower pelvic area gets tight (but doesn't hurt) and when I timed one it lasted at least 3 minutes.  Is this a contraction or something else?  Had my membranes stripped today btw.....and these are not regular.  I've had this several times since the membranes were stripped.  Thx!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can very early contractions last 3 minutes??

• Options
    If you are having contractions that are lasting longer than 90 sec, you need to call your OBGYN ASAP. It is NOT SAFE to have a contraction that lasts longer than 90 secs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well then I wonder if they are contractions??  My whole lower tummy (pelvic area) tightens.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are they painful? When you say tightens, is it as hard as your chin feels if you were to push on it, or is it as hard as when you push on your forehead?

My OB professor told us that mild contractions are about as hard as your chin feels when you push on it, and strong contractions are about as hard as your forehead when you push on it.

• Options
    IDK...but I'll use that the next time I have one!  That's a great rule of thumb.  They don't ALL last that long but I was trying to get a feel for what is and isn't a contraction.  Thanks for checking back in.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and no, not painful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anytime! I would def still give your doc a call just to be safe if you have anymore that last that long. GL!
  • Options
    my lower abdomen does this when I need to go pee....
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    yes that can happen.  I have never seen a STRONG contraction last that long, but I have seen patients with mild contractions like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"