Blended Families

Ilumine

Is your DD potty trained?  I just read your "I do allow a large glass of milk RIGHT before bed if they did not eat dinner.  If they have totally empty tummies, they are more apt to wake up in the middle of the night complaining.  I like my sleep." and all I could think is that my DD would never night PT if I did that, we are so close to doing it but DH and I have been too lazy and we like our sleep too, lol.
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Ilumine

• Jen, she is potty trained.  She actually has not dropped her night silly cup of milk from the bottle days.  I just dropped the amount to about 4 - 5 oz.  

For her, if she did not eat a decent dinner, I give her 1/2 packet of the Carnation Instant Breakfast (she drinks a full packets worth every morning, per our Pedi - she gets up between 5-6 am, that is too early for a real breakfast, this tides her over and is cheaper than pediasure).  That bit of protien helps with the gtprumbly tummies.

As for the nighttime potties, becuase she goes down so early, therefor taking an early nap, her bedtime is 7.  So at 10pm, DH or I will wake her up, put her on the toilet, let her pee and put her back in bed.  Half the time she isn't really awake.

But she is also good at waking up to let us know she has to go.  The only time she has an accident is when WE don't wake up and get into her fast enough.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Butting in.... I'm jealous that your kids can go all night. My ds will be 5 in 2 wks and he's not even close to being pt'd at night. We cut back on fluids, used pull ups , not used them. We still wake up with wet sheets a couple of nights a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Night time "potty training" has nothing to do with training, but the specific body of the child.  Some kids' bladders aren't mature enough, some process liquids faster or only at night, some sleep too soundly, etc.  

I would never get frustrated or even worried until age 9-10.  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • We do Carnation sometimes, not that much anymore and I actually need to buy more.  Our biggest issue is just us being lazy, I think we are going to try in about 2 weeks after DH gets back from his trip.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"