Nurseries and Baby Gear

Ergo Carrier ?

I'm currently working on our registry and I'm looking at the Ergo Carriers. Question - can the baby face out in these carriers? This is the one I'm looking at:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4103268&fromRegistryNumber=47786904&product_skn=479738 (sorry, not clicky on a mac)

I'd really like to get one that the baby can face in and out, because I know as they get older, they like facing out and seeing everything. I'm also registering for the moby, but I'd like to get a carrier like the Ergo, so if anyone has any other recommendations where the baby can face in and out, that would be great. Thanks!

Re: Ergo Carrier ?

•  I don't have the Ergo, but FWIW I'm pretty sure baby can't face out in it.  That is why a lot of people go with the Beco Gemini.

The ladies on the Attachment Parenting board can tell you all about the Ergo and any other carrier you can imagine if you don't get the answers you are looking for here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Awesome, thank you so much! I'll try there as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that Ergo does not face out...but Baby Bjorn does! We're going with the Baby Bjorn classic style model. We got to try on several at my Bradley instructor's house and DH and I both really like the Baby Bjorn best.

• imageRachaelA:

imageavalovesart:
    I think that Ergo does not face out...but Baby Bjorn does! We're going with the Baby Bjorn classic style model. We got to try on several at my Bradley instructor's house and DH and I both really like the Baby Bjorn best.

The Baby Bjorn is horrible on your back/shoulders and not good for your baby's hips because of the way they dangle from their crotch. If you think your baby needs to face out, the Beco Gemini has that option and is safe on your baby's hips and legs.

https://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html

This chart compares all the carriers. It lists why you should pass on the Baby Bjorn.

Yep. We had the Bjorn for the first four months and it was terrible. The Ergo is so comfortable and I still use it at almost 11 months. The store that I bought my carrier from does not sell carriers that face out. They told us that when facing out, the baby can get overstimulated. My son can look side to side when he is in the front carry position and can look forward when he is on my back. I thought it would be terrible for him to not have that option but he doesn't mind a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got the Ergo for mulitple reasons and DD was happy facing in for 7 months.  We then switched to a framed backpack and she LOVES it now. I totally recommend the Ergo but be sure to register for the newborn insert.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageavalovesart:
    I think that Ergo does not face out...but Baby Bjorn does! We're going with the Baby Bjorn classic style model. We got to try on several at my Bradley instructor's house and DH and I both really like the Baby Bjorn best.

Please don't get a Bjorn for all of the reasons people already mentioned.  Would you want to be held like that/dangled from your crotch?  They are awful - I wish they'd stop selling them. 

There are arguments that babies can be overstimulated of outward-facing and that the position isn't good for them.  I'm not sure about all of that but I can tell you the ergo puts LO in a very natural position.  I love mine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My child has never been sad to face in on the Ergo...and we've used the Sport since her first week of life.  We haven't used it much recently, but we can still put her in it at 16m.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"