Maryland Babies
Options

Any Experience with Home Birth Karen Webster or Special Beginnings Birth Center

I'm currently looking into other options besides a hospital for birth. I have toured Special Beginnings in Arnold and it looks like a great option for me (besides it being an hour from my house!). I'm also curious about home birth and specifically Karen Webster in Elkton or any other serving Harford Co. My husband is not on board with home birth option yet, but is great with the birthing center option, but I thought if I had him meet with a home birth midwife he might change his mind a bit.

Any experience with either would be helpful! Thanks!

SAHM to DD (2007) DS (2009), DD (2012), loss #4 (Feb 2017 at 16 wks)

Re: Any Experience with Home Birth Karen Webster or Special Beginnings Birth Center

• Options
    I gave birth at Special Beginnings this summer and had an amazing experience! I also live an hour and a half away and had an extremely fast labor for a first baby (only 6 hours, 44 minutes).  We almost didn't make it on time. PM me if you have any specific questions! I switched care at 28 weeks and would definitely recommend them.
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All my cousins have delivered at Special Beginnings.  They loved it there.  

If you are looking for Elkton/Harford County, you might want to page someone on this Facebook board.  They are in Harford County and focus on home birthing.  The group is called Harford County Birthing Circle.

IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a pretty bad experience with special beginnings three months ago. I definitely would not recommend using them. I don't want to bash them on here so PM me if you'd like more info.
  • Options

I also had a great experience with Special Beginnings. Feel free to PM me if you want to hear about it. 

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"