Houston Babies

Daycare suggestions and costs

I'm not due until July, but I'm starting to stress about my childs daycare and how much it will cost.  Can anyone tell me an average cost of a good daycare in houston?  Also, can anyone give me some names of good daycare centers?  I live in the Jersey Village area but work all the way over by 45N and Airline.  I would preferably like to use a daycare on my side of town or down 290 towards 610.  Any suggestions please?

Re: Daycare suggestions and costs

• You might want to start with the Child Care reports by the DFPS:

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/

You can search by zip code which helps identify which centers are in your area. 

• I don't have specific recommendations since I'm not in your area but I found that most of the "better" ones in my area were between $850 and $1250 a month for infant care.  It goes down as they get older and into rooms with more kids per teacher.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I used the same website to find daycares by me and it was very helpful. Just be aware that every daycare will have some violations - read them to find out how you feel about them. I'd suggest visiting each location you're interested in and get on those waiting lists. I might just be unlucky, but we were on five lists when I was 5 months pregs and by the time I returned to work only two places had space for us.

I also found the same price range for daycares near me (heights area) - $850 to $1200. Price differences seemed dependant on if they served food or not.

It sounds silly, but do a google search to find out if your neighborhood has a kids forum. I found one for my area (actually through a bumpie) and that has been very helpful.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Crumcake:

Who did you end up going with? I'm in the Heights also and am just starting my daycare search so I can get on waiting lists well in advance (not due till September). Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I live off of 290 and my son (he's 5 months old) goes to Carriage Lane Learning Center off of Fairbanks and West Rd. It's like, 5 miles, give or take, from 290. I work in the Galleria area and take my son there before work in the mornings. I went there when I was growing up, and I loved it and that was my #1 choice of daycares to send my son to. The owners and teachers there are SO nice, and they make you feel welcomed and like family. It always seems like they genuinely care. DH and I pay $160/week for my son, but naturally the prices go down a bit as the child gets older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"