February 2012 Moms

This child needs to get out of my lungs!!

I don't know if it is normal to be this excessively short of breath. There are times (quite often) that I have to lie down on my side and put my arms above my head just to breathe normally. Sometimes I get lightheaded because I can't catch my breath when I am just sitting on the couch or riding in the car. I almost can't wait for her to drop because then I might be able to breathe again.

Anyone else having this much trouble breathing??

Re: This child needs to get out of my lungs!!

• Yup.  Sometimes when I lay down to sleep, I find it hard to breathe.  Or just sitting at my desk. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes. Sometimes I hear gurgling when I take a deep breath. Sometimes I can't even get a good breath. I will be sitting on the couch doing nothing and it feels like I have been running 5 miles because my breathing is so shallow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup-contstantly feel like I can't catch my breathe. While driving I hear myself breathing loudly-how attractive!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I can't say how thankful I am to have a super-long torso.  So far, I've lucked out with the shortness of breath/not being able to breath thing.  I think it is because I have the extra room because of my height.

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• I had to stop half way through drying my hair this morning and lay down. Sad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Oh my gosh yes!!! Mostly after sitting for a long time, I can feel her up in my ribs and lungs and cant breathe, I have to stand up, so I can breathe a little.

I asked my OB about it, she said with my short torso my uterus is pushing on my lungs and ribs not allowing me to completely fill up my lungs with air with each breath. She suggested standing which gives you more space and raising your hands above your head, when I really cant breath.  she said once baby drops in a few weeks it will get easier to breath.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine is horrible! It feels like someone is sitting on my chest when I lay down. I find that propping myself up with pillows helps a little but I won't miss this feeling at all!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1099 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1071
  • I was just eating dinner and I had to stop a couple bites into it because I couldn't breathe. I've been laying down ever since. It also doesn't help when my hemoglobin is 10. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I feel this way when I lay down at night. I have to force myself to breath right or I get so winded. And let's not even talk about going up and down stairs.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I have a short torso too so I have to sit on the edge of chairs and spread my legs so my stomach isn't resting on them anymore.  I can breathe a little better after that but its definitely not the most attractive position
    3month11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"