D.C. Area Babies

Gift ideas needed

It's been a lloooonnngggg time since my kids were little, so I'm asking the experts (that would be you all) for advice. In the next two weeks, I need gifts/entertainment for:

• two 2 year olds (both girls)
  • three 18 month olds (one girl, two boys)
  • one six year old (boy)

I was advised that the 2 y.o. crowd is a fan of videos like Thomas the Tank Engine, Dora, and Little Einteins. Ture? Which one(s) of these are faves in your family? (I know that one of the little girls likes animals so I'd probably lean in that direction.....)

Any help that you all can provide is most appreciated! (by me, and the kids!)

Pam and John
"What is a week-end?"

Re: Gift ideas needed

• For 18mo and even 2yr olds I tend to go board books when I don't know what toys they already have.  Chances are they don't have the specific book I picked out and if you get a holiday themed one the chances are even better they don't have it yet. My 15mo old is currently into her stacking blocks and cups the most - it is what she drags out every time we play.  Other than that, she likes anything she can try to fit together (with help of course, she is still a little young to get it all right).  She has this box filled with shapes and the lid on the box has all those shapes and anything else that is similar.

My 2yo niece loves Dora and likes Little Einsteins and she also loves her Little People toys if you are looking for toys as well. 

Sorry, no help here on the 6yo though.  Good luck!

• My 2 y/o loves Barney and Elmo - both the shows/movies and the toys. I know my friends' girls like Dora and Diego (haven't gone there yet in our house). She like pixar movies as well, they seem to hold her attention better than regular cartoons. She loves board books, especially if they have flaps to lift up on the pages. Do you know what I mean by that? Sorry that wasn't a great discription.  Her favorite thing right now is baby dolls and all the stuff that comes with it - fake bottles, play strollers, play high chairs, etc. Can't help you with the 6 y/o......

Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"