Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Bed rail for bottom bunk?

We recently got the kids bunk beds, and DD will be sleeping on the bottom. (We're just moving her out of her crib) I bought the only rail (to keep her from falling off) that our target had, but it doesn't work with this bed. Since its a bunk bed there is no box spring, the mattress sits directly on the slats. There is a ledge on the side so that the mattress sits down in a little bit. It seems all of the rails are made to side directly under the mattress, which this ledge prevents it from doing. Do they make rails to fit beds like this, or are we out of luck?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bed rail for bottom bunk?

• Options

imageMandJS:
    Are you only worried about her falling off in her sleep? Or climbing out in general? If the former, just get a pool noodle and stick it under the fitted sheet at the edge of the bed. It'll be like a little bumper and she won't go over it in her sleep.

Mostly just her falling off. She is napping there now (for the first time) and she didn't try to get up at all. The pool noodle is a really great idea...I'm just not sure where to find one in Illinois in December! lol 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You can also google foam bumpers. I know one brand is called Magic Bumpers. They're foam wedges that go under the fitted sheet like a pool noodle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"