Secondary IF
Options

Update (bfp mentioned) but now freaking out

I woke up this morning and happily got a bfp. I felt confident that this could actually work out for us. DH and I talked about it, and said "why *shouldnt* it work for us?" Just because we've had issues, doesnt mean we will this time, and it doesnt mean we can't have another successful pregnancy. I went to get my blood drawn, and talked about the follow up that my office does and was looking forward to it. (Don't get me wrong, there were still plenty of nerves going around, but I was surprised by the confidence I felt). Well, my nurse just called and my hcg was 85 at just 10dpo (progesterone was 40). I know that doesn't actually mean anything, but with a molar pregnancy under my belt, high numbers don't actually give me comfort. I want normal. According to beta base, the avg hcg at 10dpo is is the teens. (and my hcg with my molar pregnancy was 71 at 14dpo). Of course the nurse said not to worry, but I already am. It could mean nothing, it could mean multiples, but it could also mean something bad and now my confidence is wiped away. I'm not sure that I'm looking for support do much, as I know there are many here still wishing for a bfp, but I just wanted to share my update. I will keep you guys posted on Monday with my next beta. Thanks for listening.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
IMG_0173.11
Trying for #2 since July 2010
BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!

Re: Update (bfp mentioned) but now freaking out

• Options
    Congrats on the bfp! I know it's easy to expect the worse, but Ihave a feeling you'll be surprised. We're all rooting for you! Keepyour chin up!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options

Yay!!! Congratulations!  I still have to wait 4 hours for my results, but I will tell you, even if there is good news, I'm not sure how happy I will be - I think when you go through all of this it leaves you with the unsettling feeling that anything good will be taken away; that things couldn't actually go well.  I think that fear and trepidation is totally normal when you've been sensitized to what "can" happen.  Its ok to feel what you feel right now - T&Ps for good numbers on Monday!

That being said, YAY!!!  You are PG!  Sending happy positive thoughts for a H&H9M with a perfect baby in Septemebr!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

First off CONGRATS!!! That is very exciting!  On the other hand I would be feeling the same way, if things don't go textbook for me I freak out.  However, if the nurse said not to worry I would try really hard not to!  

Looking forward to an update and good news! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    Yay for your BFP!  Sorry you are worried. After having two MC, I would be worried to.  I hope things work out for you and that your DD will be a big sis in 9 months!
    42 yrs old. DS born 4/10/11 after 2 losses TTC # 2 for a year AMH .3. FSH 7 AFC 6 Doing a CLOMID IUI cycle
  • Options

I know exactly how you feel.  With a history of issues it is hard to let yourself get excited and not worry constantly.  Even once you pass certain milestones, you just find something new to worry about.  One saying that I have seen a lot on the PGAL board is, "Today I am pregnant and I love my baby".  I have found that it really helps me to repeat it often.  I also tell my baby all the time how much love I have for it and I hope it's doing well and I won't give up on it.  It definitely makes me feel better and I'm trying to just focus on the positive because worrying's not going to change anything.

Anyway, congratulations on the BFP!  I really hope this is your healthy baby.  Please keep us posted on your next beta!  Will you be able to get one Saturday or do you have to wait until Monday? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you ladies... I knew you would all understand my uncertainty. Quite a few people on PGAL seem to have had similar betas, so I hope I am just being crazy. I go back Monday, but a friend seems to think my clinic is open on Saturdays so I might call just to double check. I will most certainy keep you all posted.
    IMG_0173.11
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.

• Options
    Congrats!! I do know how you feel because like you, I have been through multiple losses.  After Monday's ultrasound I am trying to believe that this really could be my take home baby.  I have never gotten betas at 10DPO.  I am crossing everything for you and keep us posted!
  • Options
    imagegina&dave07:
    Congrats!! I do know how you feel because like you, I have been through multiple losses.  After Monday's ultrasound I am trying to believe that this really could be my take home baby.  I have never gotten betas at 10DPO.  I am crossing everything for you and keep us posted!
    Thank you! Looking at your siggy, our histories are quite alike. We started in July last year & had three losses. Hoping someday I will be able to say "I had three losses between my first two kids" (rather than 4, or 5, etc). Can't wait to see your update : )
    IMG_0173.11

• Options

Congrats!  I hope that this is your sticky baby :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations!

But, I understand your anxiety regarding your past. I will be the same if/when I get pregnant again. Hold on to the fact this is a brand new pregnancy and you are doing all that is in your power to have it be a success. Smile

6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!  I hope this is it for you! Good Luck!
  • Options
    Congrats!  I hope Monday brings you a "normal" beta.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! Hope you bear numbers on Monday are great!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers TTC # 2 w/ PCOS since January 2010...BFP 12/31/11!! EDD 09/11/12 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

imagefrapadpr:
    Congratulations!!! Hope you bear numbers on Monday are great!

Sorry for the typo I mean beta.  Grrrr autocorrect! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers TTC # 2 w/ PCOS since January 2010...BFP 12/31/11!! EDD 09/11/12 BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"